1500 rule grandfather clause, here it comes!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Watchdog: Many co-pilots don't meet training standards - USATODAY.com

Hmm. :cool
I don't think there is a need to worry. As far as I can tell the lower time folks are flying...the flip side is that anything more than "out and back" or "high speed" are not in my vocabulary. Two, three, four day trips I believe are only legendary, mythical things-as is going over guarantee. I won't hate thine players-nay-I hate only thy game!
Three-quarters of the co-pilots at two regional carriers visited recently by federal inspectors didn't have enough hours to meet new training standards the Federal Aviation Administration proposes for them, a Senate subcommittee was told Tuesday.

So at which two carriers are 75% of the FOs below 1500 hours?

I guess they didn't visit Comair.
A lot of the new g7 FOs have very little time. They're being recrited from the delta academy and NGPA with very little experience.

Thankfully none of them have dragged a wingtip......
Quote: A lot of the new g7 FOs...

Quote: A lot of the new g7 FOs have very little time. They're being recrited from the delta academy and NGPA with very little experience.

Thankfully none of them have dragged a wingtip......and then went home for the night not telling anyone hoping it would go unnoticed
had to add that in for ya
Quote: A lot of the new g7 FOs have very little time. They're being recrited from the delta academy and NGPA with very little experience.

I know the G7 pilot group is fresh, but I had no idea only a quarter of their FOs have 1500 hours.
Quote: had to add that in for ya
now that's funny stuff. Unbelievable, man
Quote: Three-quarters of the co-pilots at two regional carriers visited recently by federal inspectors didn't have enough hours to meet new training standards the Federal Aviation Administration proposes for them, a Senate subcommittee was told Tuesday.

So at which two carriers are 75% of the FOs below 1500 hours?

I guess they didn't visit Comair.

And the airlines say that they are more focused on quality than hours. Bull****. I bet those two airlines have crappy, minimum legally required, training as well.
"Unidentified airlines"

Hmmmmmm, let's do some deductive reasoning. It's not Skywest, Republic, Horizon, Comair, Pinnacolaba, Compass, AirWhiskey, Island Air, Mesa, PSA, TSA, XJet / ASA, Piedmont or Eagle due to longer upgrade times and relatively high mins for hiring.

That leaves Cape, CommutAir, GLA, and Silver airways. Though I'm willing to bet a good portion of CommutAir pilots have 1500+...which leaves only the B1900 operators....oh yea, and G7

Sounds like the testimony was a well-rounded, unbiased representation of regional FO's to me
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to