US Airways agrees with APA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: Can someone explain what Delta plus 3% means.
They get everything we get, but no cigarette burns, and an occasional smack on the tushy, friendly-like.
"...US Airways agrees with APA ..."

For now.
Sinkr8,

Best visual description, nicely done.
Quote: I do not know whose workrules will be used. I expect that that is all part of the framework that Bates was referring to. The West contract has very good workrules, superior in a couple of ways to AA. I do know that this deal will not go down if there is not a productivity boost on the part of the AA contract. LOA 93, which is the East contract has nothing of value in it to use as a basis for a joint contract.

I expect to see this go down similarly to the Delta merger. The AA pilots will get a new contract soon with whatever pay rates and productivity issues that have been agreed to with Parker. Then the LCC pilots will be given a take it or leave it deal on signing the contract. As long as the SLI process is done under binding arbitration there will be 1800 West votes to join the APA, thus nullifying the East.

Kirby said over a month ago that the lesson learned from the failed attempt to merge with Delta was that you have to get labor on board. I guess they learned their lesson.

The one item with strength in the East contract has...is scope/fragmentation! The rest, basically sucks.
Quote: When the APA pilots get stapled after the West and East of USAirways it's going to increase the furloughs of AA pilots....hopefully not.
There will be no staple...
Quote: Could also be APA playing hardball with Horton. Ugly business we are all in. Best of luck.
Could also be Parker playing bait-'n-switch with APA. He who dines with an airline CEO should use a long spoon.
What are the possibilities that if the East boys don't accept the Nic award that Parker goes Gary Kelly on the East folks?
Quote: What are the possibilities that if the East boys don't accept the Nic award that Parker goes Gary Kelly on the East folks?
The same can happen to the WEST boyz.....
Quote: Could also be APA playing hardball with Horton. Ugly business we are all in. Best of luck.

^^^this

no way any pilot ANYWHERE wants any part of the nonsense at USair.
Quote: The same can happen to the WEST boyz.....
Not seeing your logic here. The West boyz have already accepted or will accept the Nic. So how can Parker go all GK on them if they are willing to go along with it???

Denny
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to