C-5's in San Antonio, Hiring UPT and Rated

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Question
Lancer,

I tried to PM you but it seems your box is full (sts). Were you at Columbus a few years back?

Fred
Inter service transfers accepted? Rank restrictions?
Quote:
What is you guys' prospective hiring looking like for rated guys over the next 3-4 years? How are the bumming opportunities?
We have a bunch of guys retiring, plus we need to increase manning for the C-5M that we're slated to gain. So hiring looks good for the next few years. I've been troughing for about two years. I can't imagine a better squadron to bum from. There's always trips to pick up if you want to. This truly is a great job.
Quote:
Lancer,

I tried to PM you but it seems your box is full (sts). Were you at Columbus a few years back?

Fred
Email box emptied, thanks for the heads up. Never worked at Columbus.
I definitely need to come down and visit your unit sometime.

Thanks for all of the info.
USAF has a pilot shortage!!!

You only need a Private Pilots license to apply.
Quote: USAF has a pilot shortage!!!

I'm not quite sure about the pilot shortage. Feel free to throw your name in the hat, we'll take an A320 guy. Just forward us your application package, and we'll send you to UPT.
Quote: USAF has a pilot shortage!!!

If you're referring to active duty, I'd beg to differ. This year's RIF included many pilots.
USAF Pilot shortage? Dont think so. Many guys are staying in till their retirement is up. If we go to war many of the older pilots may retire or get out, then that would create a greater demand for Lt's and Capt's, but curently the AF is not short. If they are its unit specific.

Lancer- I spoke on the phone with the POC for the 68th. Great guy!

I am submitting a packet but I will have to re-apply in the spring as my AFOQT score is a few points lower than they will accept. No hard feelings, as I dont want them to lose a pilot slot at the AFRC board due to not having high scores.

As for anyone else applying for a reserve unit, no matter how much they like you (the unit) you have to pass the AFRC board. Unfortunately the board only sees your packet and not you as an invidual, so study hard and get your scores up!

-ML-
ML- great to hear. Pm me your scores and birthday. Come down and visit any chance you get. Remember, Rushing is the key to any guard/ reserve unit. It drastically improves your chances for hire. If you're first time at the unit is the interview, it's highly unlikely that you'll get picked up.

The AFOQT is not pass/fail. But we posted the competitive scores on our advertisement. We need scores close to those for consideration. That's just the way it is today.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to