Shipping FedEx discount

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I'm shipping a large box (30x30x30) that weighs about 25lbs. We get 25% discount for ground and 75% express from what I understand. I called the 800 number to get a quote and both came out the same. I'm wondering if this is correct or if it is better to ship ground or express.
Swing by the shipping center at the front door of operations. Have you registered you employee number on the web site? If not the shipping center will do it for you. Just have your ID.
Or you could go to: https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/hom...&locId=express and enter the required information and you'd know the estimated cost in short order. If you've got a FedEx Express account, the computer will show you your actual cost. If you don't then you can apply your discount to the numbers it does show you. Personally, I'd rather ship with FedEx Express, because I know the guys who fly the stuff. I don't know any of the Ground guys.

JJ
For normal sized/weighted parcels that I have sent in the past, it has been actually cheaper to use express vs gnd due to the larger discount.
Go with Express. I've worked in both operations, and your package is much more likely to come through intact if it's shipped via Express.
Quote: Go with Express. I've worked in both operations, and your package is much more likely to come through intact if it's shipped via Express.
+1. had a bud work overnights in a ground hub.
Often Express Saver (3day) is the same price as ground. Definitely go with Express. Also, make sure you setup your discount on your account so that you can do all of it online and simply drop off the package. It's seamless.
Where do OA employees register online at?
Quote:
Where do OA employees register online at?
I don't think you can. When I was on that side of the fence I had to go to a facility to get the discount. Maybe FedEx Office works now, not sure.
It appears there is a 75% discount across the board for Express. Is there also a discount for FDX employees or OAL employees on Ground? I can't find that in writing.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to