AA TA - Industry Rate Comparables (DOS+36)

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 11 of 13
Go to
Quote:
If it's AMR's POR and this TA passes, they'll have the lowest labor costs in the industry bar none and by a significant margin.
What's the labor cost look like if the 1113 is imposed? Wouldn't that be even lower vs. the rest of the industry?
Quote: What's the labor cost look like if the 1113 is imposed? Wouldn't that be even lower vs. the rest of the industry?
I think you missed understood his point, he was simply implaying that if AMR is to get the current TA and their Plan, AMR cost will be lower than the competition (bar none)... Meaning lower than everyone!

As far as the 1113, nobody but AMR managment knows what terms would be imposed in the event the process is carried out. The contract would be abroggeated and the company can/will impose workrules at their will, they could impose the initial 1113 term sheet, the updated 1113, the recent TA or somewhere in between! At this point that is the big unknown. AMR managment has been quoted saying that if the 1113 process is carried out they will impose the initial 1113 and not the gains made during barganing, this could be truth or this could be leverage but is an unknown, but if the initial 1113 is imposed the consequences with labor could be costly.
Quote: Thanks, like I said fancy a wager?
Like I said, I don't do internet "wagers". Try Vegas.
How can AA management sit there and tell the judge that they need to abrogate labor contracts when the company's cash position has IMPROVED while under the existing contracts? What am I missing??
Quote: Like I said, I don't do internet "wagers". Try Vegas.
Looks like Horton wants to look at Virgin, frontier and republic amongst others.
Alaska says no thanks. I don't have the link but they put out a statement today.
Quote:
Alaska says no thanks. I don't have the link but they put out a statement today.
Wow, that was quick.
Quote: Wow, that was quick.
It is embarrassing that Horton would even put that crap out.
Quote: Looks like Horton wants to look at Virgin, frontier and republic amongst others.
that leaves no one else to mention. everyone is on the list except Southwest.
Getting your contract rejected by the judge is almost always the better option, and in the long run, it has gotten a better contract than the initial TA offering. Also, APA will win the current 1113(c) process motion since the current one from AA does not meet the requirements of fair and equitable bargaining. You will have a much better leg to stand on after the judge rejects AA's motion, trust me, voting yes on that TA is a mistake.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 11 of 13
Go to