Small flight schools or CFIs in Dallas?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
We are a small school located in Meacham in Fort Worth, TX and have rental aircraft available including a 2012 Cessna 172S Glass Cockpit. We also lease our aircraft when you complete your training. Fort Worth Flight Center
Does anyone have any personal experience with Lonestar Flyers up at KADS...as far as quality of training?
I did my training at Marcair Aviation at Northwest Regional Airport in Roanoke. It was convenient for me because I lived near the airport. It's nice because you're right next to Alliance and a bunch of other bigger airports, but you get good practice operating at a small field like Northwest (52F). If PPL Training is all you are looking for, I think Marcair is a viable option. They operate 2006-2008 172s and you can rent out older 182s. Message me if you have questions!
Stay away from marcair. PM if you want details.
Quote: We are a small school located in Meacham in Fort Worth, TX and have rental aircraft available including a 2012 Cessna 172S Glass Cockpit. We also lease our aircraft when you complete your training. Fort Worth Flight Center
Don't go to rich either. Seriously I will help someone find a freelance instructor around here. The schools here will rip you off and milk you and that is a conservative statement.
Monarch Air
I did my instrument finish up at Monarch Air after another flight school @ ADS sold their 172 (and brought it back 2 weeks later). Not the best experience. PM for details. Also the price... $214/hr with a CFI is kinda high.
I'm not sure how you feel about Waco, (Just a drive south of the metroplex) but Texas State Technical College operates one of the best flight schools in the state. You can do it 141 (really best if you want the classes and plan on getting a bachelors degree at Texas A&M University - Central Texas or Baylor) or you can do it part 61. I highly recommend TSTC for flight training though.
Shoot me a PM, I'm a CFII/MEI in the north dallas area. Work full time at a flight school but willing to and have time to do side work.
Stay far far away from this place... Horrible reputation, rented there a few times myself back when they allowed it. From what I hear they might not be in business much longer
Was talking about US aviation in Denton
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to