Skywest Inc orders 100 MRJs for 2017

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to
Quote: Believe me, for a mere 19% payraise our group will "allow" it. In fact, we just allowed more 76 seaters in this new contract (which are really 90 seaters), while reducing the 50 seat footprint.

Concerned,
TEN
So do you think that the CRJ900s will replace the CRJs through that 2 for 1 exchange in the coming years, and then the MRJ will be in addition to those, from a Delta perspective? That's going to be a huge amount of regional aircraft then.
Every lifer at these regionals just creamed themselves.
What the fudge...
Cool looking regional rice rocket!
MRJ - Mitsubishi Regional Jet
I sure hope mainline scope prohibits these based on weight -- regardless of seat configuration.
Quote: Every lifer at these regionals just creamed themselves.
^^^^^^^I don't post here much but I had to tell you that was REALLY funny!
Quote: I sure hope mainline scope prohibits these based on weight -- regardless of seat configuration.
Mainline Pilots will probably talk a big game but in the end trade scope for pay raises...

By 2017, Delta will probably have a new contract allowing these MRJs to exist...
Quote: So do you think that the CRJ900s will replace the CRJs through that 2 for 1 exchange in the coming years, and then the MRJ will be in addition to those, from a Delta perspective? That's going to be a huge amount of regional aircraft then.
There is no growth associated with the airplanes, according to mgmt. These are a replacement. A shift from 50's to 70/90's.
Quote: I sure hope mainline scope prohibits these based on weight -- regardless of seat configuration.
Or better than prohibit, forces their parent airlines to fire SkyWest "air group" and watch on the sidelines hunched over in laughter as they flail around ala IndyAir and then fade away into oblivion.
Quote: There is no growth associated with the airplanes, according to mgmt. These are a replacement. A shift from 50's to 70/90's.
Yes. Cool your jets people. These are nothing more than 70's and 90's made by a different brand. They offer newer technology than the CRJ, especially with the GTF which will bring significant fuel savings. It was also designed with more cabin space on the inside.

This will set SKW up to make an educated decision when they ultimately replace their larger CRJ's...they'll have experience with two RJ brands and can pick the best one. All depends on how well mitsubishi can execute their program...on paper it should win hands down.

Bombardier may have hosed themselves by dumping the R&D resources into a quixotic 100 seater instead of updating the 70/90.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 8
Go to