Skywest Inc orders 100 MRJs for 2017

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to
Quote: Its gonna be for Alaska. Then they are gonna fly Delta code share flights.

Some are gonna be for United and American also.....some US airways too.
The code code share is correct.
Quote: Is Trans States still getting their 100 MRJs? I think TSA is supposed to start recieveing orders in 2014, but have yet to hear any further announcements. Sadly, it looks like a mainline aircraft, but will be flown for crappy RJ wages. I fear the same fate for anybody who will be sitting in a C-Series.
19 month delay on the delivery due to delays in production. 2015 is the projection now.
Quote: Didn't read the article... are these 100 seaters?
From 70 to 90 -- "The configuration of seats would be determined by scope limitations and airline requirements at the time of delivery."
There will be a 50 seat version as well. larger cabin, longer range, efficient engines with 2 class cabin.
Quote: There will be a 50 seat version as well. larger cabin, longer range, efficient engines with 2 class cabin.
Source? Mistu is only making a 70 and 90 seat version...
Quote: Is Trans States still getting their 100 MRJs? I think TSA is supposed to start recieveing orders in 2014, but have yet to hear any further announcements. Sadly, it looks like a mainline aircraft, but will be flown for crappy RJ wages. I fear the same fate for anybody who will be sitting in a C-Series.

How is it a mainline airplane? Well, let's put it this way, how is it MORE of a mainline airplane than CRJ 700/900? It's not.

This is a long-term positioning move to enable fleet technology upgrades in the future. Five years is a long time, nobody can predict that far out, especially significant FFD contract expirations looming. Unless UA, US, or AK has already made some super-secret deal with SGU (doubtful).
Maybe a dumb question, forgive me; Didn't Bombardier announce a big order of 900s the other day? So wouldn't these MRJs be meant for something other than Delta flying?
[QUOTE=rickair7777;1228012]how is it MORE of a mainline airplane than CRJ 700/900? It's not[QUOTE]

If you showed this to a mainline pilot 20 years ago, he'd crap himself to find it's a regional. "Regionals fly props" he'd say. When you told him the pay, he'd laugh.

It's a regional if guys are flying it while making regional money. Hell, a 777 can be a regional if guys are allowed to fly it for **** wages. The sad reality is, many guys would jump at the oppertunity - all the while slitting their throats for career progression. SJS is a death sentence.
Quote: how is it MORE of a mainline airplane than CRJ 700/900? It's not
If you showed this to a mainline pilot 20 years ago, he'd crap himself to find it's a regional. "Regionals fly props" he'd say. When you told him the pay, he'd laugh.

It's a regional if guys are flying it while making regional money. Hell, a 777 can be a regional if guys are allowed to fly it for **** wages. The sad reality is, many guys would jump at the oppertunity - all the while slitting their throats for career progression. SJS is a death sentence.
Quote: Selling out scope is a death sentence.
Fixed it for you.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to