Gordon Bethune keynote in Tulsa

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Gordon was no saint and certainly, as management, there are decisions employees didn't always agree with. However, just another example of how Jeff Smisek is no Gordon Bethune. Where Gordon gives credit to the employees, even at the end of this video, most of sense that it is really just lip service from the current CEO.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Gordon and/or Greg Brenneman back running this company and rebuild a brand we can ALL be proud of going forward. Wishful thinking I know. Would require that lobotomy Gordon talks about near the beginning of the video.

State Chamber Annual Meeting Keynote Speaker Gordon Bethune - YouTube
I have to say that Bethune comes off very authentic. Still two things really caught my attention:

At the 25:30 mark he talks about giving 25% bonuses to management if they were able to prove that they had communicated upper management' message to the employees. 25%!

At the 29:06 point he talks about raising the bar for on time payout because "they were hitting it too much".

He's clever but I don't think he's really all that different that Smallsack, he just had everyone convinced that he was. JMO
I could care less about what he thinks he "woulda done" anymore. He made his pay for ten lifetimes and moved on (as most would). He won and now he wants to armchair with no skin in the game. He was/is as arrogant as most CEOs but had people skills and surrounded himself with capable thinkers. Not that his insight isn't valuable but he's out of the fight, he's not coming back and we need to move on. We need to find a new leader like him.

Btw...anybody hear the Pete McDonald rumor about his termination coming up soon?
Quote: Btw...anybody hear the Pete McDonald rumor about his termination coming up soon?
To further the "Rumor", the only thing keeping Pete's seat warm is Glenn's tenure. The day Tilton gets wheeled out later this year, his boy Pete will be shown the door within 24hrs.

Personally, I'll take the "over", but no less than 7 days later.....Takers??
Gordon lost his fastball many years ago....
Quote: To further the "Rumor", the only thing keeping Pete's seat warm is Glenn's tenure. The day Tilton gets wheeled out later this year, his boy Pete will be shown the door within 24hrs.

Personally, I'll take the "over", but no less than 7 days later.....Takers??
I think the severance package is already being drawn up. I hope anywas. He was the author behind the sick call issue and I heard he was fired up that everyone, CP and etc... Ignored him. He needs to go!
Quote: Btw...anybody hear the Pete McDonald rumor about his termination coming up soon?
FWIW, that's been an annual rumor at UAL for at least the last dozen years as his incompetence manifested itself again and again. Instead, he kept getting promoted.

Obviously he has photos of Glenn using drugs, pleasuring a goat, and killing a drifter with a dinner plate.
I know. I was on a LUA jumpseat and they told me thier feelings about old McDonald. However, by October we will see if it's rhetoric. Glenn is leaving and Jeff should can this loser. If not, the rumor is baseless.
Quote: I know. I was on a LUA jumpseat and they told me thier feelings about old McDonald. However, by October we will see if it's rhetoric. Glenn is leaving and Jeff should can this loser. If not, the rumor is baseless.
Trifecta???
Could we be so luck to "lose" Pete, Glenn, and Jeff in one foul-swoop?!?!

I know......Too good to be true.
Quote: Gordon lost his fastball many years ago....
He may have lost it "many years ago", but at least he HAD it unlike that waste of space who is currently occupying the CEO Title.

The current Czar couldn't find the mound if is life depended on it.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to