Phoenix court hears US Air seniority case

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 16
Go to
The Phoenix court is hearing the case over the seniority dispute. If the court rules that the Nic is the list, then what will be the easties next move? Appeal? Or if no appeal is granted, then I assume they will just walk away from negotiations? If for some miracle a TA is reached, I assume the greater number of east pilots will vote it down. Thus, the stall and delay continues.

Article Page | TheStreet
Quote: The Phoenix court is hearing the case over the seniority dispute. If the court rules that the Nic is the list, then what will be the easties next move? Appeal? Or if no appeal is granted, then I assume they will just walk away from negotiations? If for some miracle a TA is reached, I assume the greater number of east pilots will vote it down. Thus, the stall and delay continues.

Article Page | TheStreet
Appeal. I wouldnt be so sure a new TA with with the nic would be voted down. Its possible that some of the top 500 guys have had enough of this. Add in the west plus third listers, it might be enough to get a 50.1% in favor.
Quick, someone call Catiboss.
Quote: Quick, someone call Catiboss.
Please don't rush it, he will be here soon enough. He has probably been camped out at the courthouse for a few days to get a good seat.
can the recent new hires vote or do you have to be there a certain time? interesting times we're living in...
I haven't heard anything official but a west pilot that was there says Judge Silver basically said what the 9th said 2 years ago: The union has the right to negotiate.
Quote: I haven't heard anything official but a west pilot that was there says Judge Silver basically said what the 9th said 2 years ago: The union has the right to negotiate.
Negotiate what? The nic or some other list? The suit asks specifically for what the list is or if the company is liable if they don't use the nic.
She evidently basically did nothing. Back to square one. The union is free to negotiate and if and when a list other than Nic. is ratified then the west is free to sue. No one alive today will probably ever live to see the resolution of this. The wheels of justice......
Quote: She evidently basically did nothing. Back to square one. The union is free to negotiate and if and when a list other than Nic. is ratified then the west is free to sue. No one alive today will probably ever live to see the resolution of this. The wheels of justice......
Ok, they are free to negotiate what they want. But the suit specifically asks if the company can be held liable for not adopting the nic. What was the answer to that?
I was there. The Judge ended up not answering any of the questions the company asked, in other words she won't issue a declaratory judgement. She did say the exact same thing the 9th said, usapa is free to negotiate and the west is free to sue after a ratified contract. Now this is a biggie, the company does NOT get immunity, in other words nothing was resolved at all. The company said they won't change the list without immunity and the judge did not give them immunity. We are exactly where we were the day before the suit was filed, 2 years and nothing to show for it.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 16
Go to