World MD-11 on its tail

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
http://s01.tcuniverse.com/vkmedia_st..._clean_790.jpg

Word is this happened at Bagram in the last few days. Anyone confirm?

Probably a very difficult location to deal with major structural repairs to a civilian aircraft. Never a good time for something like this but certainly they didn't need more misery at World right now.
Happened during the offload on the 7th. No one hurt.
Ouch! Glad no one was hurt. Any back lash to the Captain or ground crew?
Someones getting fired!
Whoever didn't tie down the nose...
Quote: Whoever didn't tie down the nose...
Ok I'll bite, is that a joke or do they really tie down the nose gear?
Quote: Ok I'll bite, is that a joke or do they really tie down the nose gear?
Yes, the nose gear is tethered down to the ground or a weight cart is tethered to the nose gear.
Quote: Yes, the nose gear is tethered down to the ground or a weight cart is tethered to the nose gear.
Huh. Learn something new every day. Figured they would just install a jack or pole or something under the aft fuselage, but then I guess it would have to be a pretty long support.
Are the crews responsible for any portion of the loading/offloading of the aircraft in these ACMI operations or are they already off site when loading/unloading usually occurs?

USMCFLYR
Quote: Are the crews responsible for any portion of the loading/offloading of the aircraft in these ACMI operations or are they already off site when loading/unloading usually occurs?

USMCFLYR
Not the flight crews. There are trained ops reps/load masters on the aircraft that are responsible for loading and unloading. Some get the $h!t worked out em and worked fatigued. I've seen MX and OPs guys on the plane for 46 hours before. Unfortunately the management at World has turned the place into a bottom feeder quality outfit from all of the corner cutting.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to