UPS and FAA rest rules?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
British pilots report falling asleep while flying - CBS News
Rumor has it that UPS is very unhappy with the lawsuit and possible cargo cut out elimination. They are not a party to the lawsuit. I predict that this will go our way. Unfortunately, labor will retaliate by dragging out contract talks. But I'll live with our current contract until a better one is on the table.
Quote: Rumor has it that UPS is very unhappy .
It's not a rumor! UPS is always unhappy.
Quote: Rumor has it that UPS is very unhappy with the lawsuit and possible cargo cut out elimination. They are not a party to the lawsuit. I predict that this will go our way. Unfortunately, labor will retaliate by dragging out contract talks. But I'll live with our current contract until a better one is on the table.
Who is our? Unless you are UPS, I seriously doubt you'll win. I was watching NBC news tonight and I didn't see anything on their segment to help cargo pilots. Even if the UPS plane in BHM had crashed into civilians, it wouldn't have made any difference. The push would be for cargo airports to be located away from population centers.

MBB
Quote: Who is our? Unless you are UPS, I seriously doubt you'll win. I was watching NBC news tonight and I didn't see anything on their segment to help cargo pilots. Even if the UPS plane in BHM had crashed into civilians, it wouldn't have made any difference. The push would be for cargo airports to be located away from population centers.

MBB
The "Our" part is the the Unions lawsuit against the process in which this bill was passed.

Do you really believe what you just wrote. May want to read up some on the process that was used to implement the rules. You would find it interesting. I did.

I disagree, unfortunately, with J.E. I don't think anything will change with the current rest rules. (Unless there is some significant flaw discovered with the OMB's process). I hope I am wrong.
Really. This is news.
Quote: Really. This is news.
Only to the general public, and then less than half of them.
I think that the biggest flaw with the cargo cut will be the law that congress passed. It did not provide for a cargo cut out, the FAA did that on it's own.

It's ironic that the industry segment that really needs these rules (and can more easily afford) didn't get included. The cargo cut out will not stand.
Quote: I think that the biggest flaw with the cargo cut will be the law that congress passed. It did not provide for a cargo cut out, the FAA did that on it's own.
It was the OMB, part of the White House. I remember the POTUS directing the to review the costs associated with it after the FAA proposal came was handed to him.

The FAA is part of the executive branch. When it comes to big policy changes, they don't do anything on their own.
Quote: I think a reduced work week would help with fatuige. 121 & 135.
Wonder if you will feel that way when "week on, week off" is a distant memory. Less work per day = more days worked per month. Be careful what you wish for. How fatiguing is a 5 on 2 off schedule for the remainder of your career?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to