Eagle hiring 625 pilots in 2013

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
I talked to some of the recruiters today at the training center. They said they are hiring 625 pilots in 2013. They said Eagle pilots will start flowing to AA in a couple months.

Looks pretty legit: American Airlines to recall furloughed pilots beginning in early 2013 | Airline Biz Blog
HOW!? I don't think we have had a class with more then 5-7 people. And more than a couple weeks where we had a class of 0.

boy oberto! I would love to be wrong however!
Quote: HOW!? I don't think we have had a class with more then 5-7 people. And more than a couple weeks where we had a class of 0.

They said they are still getting people. Classes every two weeks and there have been new hires in every class. There were no zero classes.... smallest was 4. I think classes starting in January are supposed to be a lot bigger.
Quote: HOW!? I don't think we have had a class with more then 5-7 people. And more than a couple weeks where we had a class of 0.

There's a good reason Eagle is offering $5,000 sign on bonuses. Lack of applicants.
Are all new hires going to the ERJ, or does it look like some will go to the CRJ as well? .......Or the new MYSTERY AIRCRAFT?! :-) lol
It's easy to attract recruits! Just promise some pie in the sky flow through! Oh wait....
ERJ only. And training center can only handle so much while they are typing all of the FO's.
I have a feeling the situation at Pinnacle is going to help you. Probably any Comair folks who want to be at Eagle have already applied.
They also said they wanted to hire 100 by the end of this year... and I think they have had a grand total of, what, 20?

What the hiring department, training department and management all want and do never are on the same playing field. At this rate we might get about 200 next year which is the supposed number of upgrades occurring next year, including those on the "mystery" aircraft (which, contrary to popular belief will NOT be flown by L-Egl).
Quote: They said they are still getting people. Classes every two weeks and there have been new hires in every class. There were no zero classes.... smallest was 4. I think classes starting in January are supposed to be a lot bigger.
Was only passing along what Andy Ohara mentioned in our FOQ class. I figured he knew what the heck he was talking about.He is manager of flight ops.
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to