Good plane under 1.5m?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: I have had 2 pilots, 7 passengers, bags for a 4 day trip, and full fuel and gone 930nm.
How much did you land with, and how much of a tailwind did you have?
Quote: Ill throw the Lear 31A into the conversation. You can find them for 1 million and up and IMHO its a much better choice than the Beech Jet. I have had 2 pilots, 7 passengers, bags for a 4 day trip, and full fuel and gone 930nm. The range and the baggage compartment (inside the aircraft behind the aft bench seat) are the only con's of the 31A that I have noticed. And I think it looks much better on a ramp than the Phenom
What is the fuel burn rate on a 31 vs a Beechjet?
We went Dallas to Vegas and fought a 80-120 wind off the nose the entire time, 3:10 en route and landed with roughly 900lbs, so the fuel was getting low but still had a good :45-1 hour. 31A holds a total of 4132lbs with number of 1,500 1,200 800 800 for the 1-4th hour, but in my experience you don't get 4 hours out of her. When we are leveled in cruise at 41-43 we burn around 550 a side, but we keep the power up a bit to hold .78 or so instead of sacrificing speed to get 800lbs an hour. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but a beech jet cant hold but a few passengers and crew at full fuel.
Quote: We went Dallas to Vegas and fought a 80-120 wind off the nose the entire time, 3:10 en route and landed with roughly 900lbs, so the fuel was getting low but still had a good :45-1 hour. 31A holds a total of 4132lbs with number of 1,500 1,200 800 800 for the 1-4th hour, but in my experience you don't get 4 hours out of her. When we are leveled in cruise at 41-43 we burn around 550 a side, but we keep the power up a bit to hold .78 or so instead of sacrificing speed to get 800lbs an hour. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but a beech jet cant hold but a few passengers and crew at full fuel.
I can fly the Beechjet for 3 hours with 4 pax and some bags, 3.5 with 2 pax.
Quote: I can fly the Beechjet for 3 hours with 4 pax and some bags, 3.5 with 2 pax.
The 31a is a far better aircraft than the beechjet. I've been flying the 31a only for 4 months now and the thing is awesome. We are at 410 in 20 minutes or less every time if ATC can keep up with us to keep our climb going. We took off a few weeks ago CVG to MIA 8 passengers full fuel straight to 450 no problems they were little dudes and not alot of baggage we were right at max takeoff. Funny thing is I've always thought of Lear pilots as over confident and full of themselves all because of a stupid Lear jet now I understand why the aircraft is a blast to fly.
It is a blast to fly, especially for my first jet job. My 2 favorite moments are when ATC lets us climb like we are made to, and when they ask for a good rate of climb ( I always giggle) a bit.
Why don't you think about a step up in to a new cabin class single piston? It'll buy tons more aircraft, brand new even. Malibu Mirage?
Quote: Why don't you think about a step up in to a new cabin class single piston? It'll buy tons more aircraft, brand new even. Malibu Mirage?
No way you fit 3 people + enough fuel to go anywhere in a Mirage.

Quote: The 31a is a far better aircraft than the beechjet. I've been flying the 31a only for 4 months now and the thing is awesome. We are at 410 in 20 minutes or less every time if ATC can keep up with us to keep our climb going. We took off a few weeks ago CVG to MIA 8 passengers full fuel straight to 450 no problems they were little dudes and not alot of baggage we were right at max takeoff. Funny thing is I've always thought of Lear pilots as over confident and full of themselves all because of a stupid Lear jet now I understand why the aircraft is a blast to fly.

Is the Lear 31 Stage 3?
Quote: No way you fit 3 people + enough fuel to go anywhere in a Mirage.

Is the Lear 31 Stage 3?
Yes the lear 31A is stage 3 if we are talking about noise compliance?
Quote: No way you fit 3 people + enough fuel to go anywhere in a Mirage.

Is the Lear 31 Stage 3?

Looked at a Miridian...it was pretty small and kind of cheap. I think it might just be the kinds of materials Piper uses but the interior did not feel like it would hold up for 5-10 yrs. plus for a list price of 2.2m with barely any wiggle room, it got taken off the list pretty quick.

Number one is still the new C90GTX.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to