Gulfstream Girl

Subscribe
26  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40 
Page 36 of 43
Go to
This from the FAA,

Quote:
C. Good Moral Character Requirement. An applicant must be of good moral character. The inspector must ask an applicant if the applicant has been convicted of a felony. If the applicant’s answer is affirmative, the inspector should make further inquiry about the nature and disposition of the conviction. If an inspector has reason to believe an applicant does not qualify for an ATP because of questionable moral character, the inspector must not conduct the practical test. Instead, the inspector will refer the matter to the immediate supervisor for resolution. The supervisor may need to consult with regional counsel for a determination concerning whether the applicant meets the moral character eligibility requirement.
There are NTSB rulings supporting serious felony convictions including sex offenses that preclude holding an ATP.

GF
Quote: This from the FAA,

There are NTSB rulings supporting serious felony convictions including sex offenses that preclude holding an ATP.

GF
I've yet to have an examiner ask about felonies (all the FW ratings + multiple types). I'm guessing most just don't want to go down such a nebulous road.

I'd prefer a regulatory standard which is reliably enforceable. The really heinous stuff is low-hanging fruit, but I don't necessarily want to fly with garden-variety felons either (although SIDA standards should keep most of them out of 121).
Quote: I've yet to have an examiner ask about felonies (all the FW ratings + multiple types). I'm guessing most just don't want to go down such a nebulous road.

I'd prefer a regulatory standard which is reliably enforceable. The really heinous stuff is low-hanging fruit, but I don't necessarily want to fly with garden-variety felons either (although SIDA standards should keep most of them out of 121).
That’s what they’re supposed to do, but I’ve never been asked either—three cert’d, six ratings. Surprised to find it in FSIMS.

Most of the NTSB rulings started with falsification of required documents.
Based on that snippet I would expect to only be asked such a question on the initial ATP certification - not every previous cert or type.
I was asked if I had good moral character at my initial ATP checkride. Never since.
Quote: Karma is a B.
That’s how the saying goes, but I’m still waiting for some people to get their karma.
Quote: The "good moral character" rule is BS because it is highly subjective. If her criminal activities were related to her piloting an airplane (and proven in a court with full due process), then it would make sense to suspend her license. Other than that, they shouldn't touch her license.
That’s a good point. With “good moral character” being subjective, who knows what will happen.
Quote: I don't think the "Good Moral Character" factor is much of a risk to her.

The really big risk, as I see it, is that she is still a Slovakian citizen, working in the US. If she is convicted of anything more than a parking ticket, she probably loses her US work authorization and faces deportation to a country she probably hasn't seen for 20+ years.

This is why I don't think she will plead out to anything.
Either she'll find a way to get immunity, or she'll have to be convicted in a trial.
That’s what I’d like to see happen, but I’m sure she’ll dime out others to save herself.
Quote: Mesa has a guy who did prison time for a felony done in an airplane. FAA does not care about your moral character.
How long since the felony conviction? I did t think one could get SIDA access within ten years of a felony conviction.
Quote: I was asked if I had good moral character at my initial ATP checkride. Never since.
What defines moral character? That seems to be subjective.
26  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40 
Page 36 of 43
Go to