Fred Smith Interview

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Video | Special Report | Bret Baier | Fox News Channel

Fred talks about unmanned flying at 12:55.
How do you transition to Unmanned Freighters
Just implement them and hope your pilots dont really mind ?
Quote: Video | Special Report | Bret Baier | Fox News Channel

Fred talks about unmanned flying at 12:55.
Looks like I missed him talk, it's almost 15:30 here now. It was only a matter of time before the women tried to take over. They're even having a conference this weekend...
Just watched it, no drones in the near future for FDX. On the link Yoda2.
Good interview...

I know it's fox, Jackal. I liked it anyway....
He's healthy looking, in that he certainly is not lacking in nutrition.
Uasopscc
Brilliant dude. He said something with regard to UAS that I see as a real possibility. A UAS ground support center to aide a single pilot (versus 4 on the long haul legs) in the aircraft. What would that do to reduce the OPS budget? Shareholders would be grinning from ear to ear. There may never be a fully autonomous airliner flying around, but the above model is possibly just over the horizon.
Quote: Looks like I missed him talk, it's almost 15:30 here now. It was only a matter of time before the women tried to take over. They're even having a conference this weekend...
He's talking about the 12:55 mark of the 17:44 length video.
onetime...
I would only add that he said "pilot or pilots" and I'm thinking that there might always be at least two on board the long hauls to protect from pilot incapacitation, etc. It would still be a net loss for using RFO's which would be bad for the pilot group
Quote: I would only add that he said "pilot or pilots" and I'm thinking that there might always be at least two on board the long hauls to protect from pilot incapacitation, etc. It would still be a net loss for using RFO's which would be bad for the pilot group
Agreed, let's hope that time is farther away than not.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to