FedEx to park more aircraft?????

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Keep things to appear as normal til the LOA has passed???

Buy a whole bunch more 757s, say from United...
When the last 727 is parked, how many forced retirements from age 65+ FE's will there be?
Quote: I've heard that and believe it to be true, but then why did they just announce another 727 SIBA bid?
Siba bids are only for 3 months. The 757 0r A310 can easily pick up when the 727 leaves the SA Cone. Hate to see the Ol 727 Go. I have fond memories of that ol' gal.
Quote: ... I have fond memories of that ol' gal.
Those fond memories you speak of lead me to believe you were not solely an engineer on it.
Quote: Those fond memories you speak of lead me to believe you were not solely an engineer on it.
My memories:
-I will someday track down the relatives of the engineer that designed the SO seat on this aircraft, and punch them in the face
-I still wonder why there is an FO position in the aircraft
Quote: I've heard that and believe it to be true, but then why did they just announce another 727 SIBA bid?
Currently the 757 and Airbus can't fly the southern cone as flown now because there are only two crew members and it is more than 8 hours of block. 757 will take over but they are figuring out how to do it block time wise and layover wise.
Quote: When the last 727 is parked, how many forced retirements from age 65+ FE's will there be?
Uh....all of them or is this a trick question?
Quote: My memories:
-I still wonder why there is an FO position in the aircraft

At a prior 727 job they proposed the idea of a 2-man version of the 727 cockpit. The plan was to move the pitot heat switches to the engineer panel, extend the gear handle so that the engineer could reach it and get rid of the f/o ...
Quote: Currently the 757 and Airbus can't fly the southern cone as flown now because there are only two crew members and it is more than 8 hours of block. 757 will take over but they are figuring out how to do it block time wise and layover wise.
So they couldn't do it with an RFO?
Quote: Those fond memories you speak of lead me to believe you were not solely an engineer on it.
Flew all 3 seats
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to