Republic versus Trans States?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I have been offered interviews at both, my tsa interview is first. What is the better career move here?

Thanks
I honestly cannot imagine working at either. Have you applied at any other regionals? ExpressJet, SkyWest, Air Wis, PSA, Piedmont, Eagle? I'd work at any of those first.
If I were homeless I "might" think about working for the TSA.
Republic versus Trans States?
Go with QOL. Which place will base you closest to home or where you want to live?
Biggest avantage for TSA is a better contract. The cancellation pay is huge. Talk to any of these RP guys about 85 hour months that detiorate to guarantee because of cancellations and reschedules. I've worked at both (RP as an FA and TSA as an FO) and both are about the same in terms of the way the company treats you, but TSA has a better contract. On top of that you have the situation between the management at Republic and the Teamsters which doesn't look to get any better for a while. The situation at TSA has improved a lot over the last year and keeps getting better due to changes in management.
Rah has bettr equip and a future but the company sucks. Once you get a line, its not that bad and we rarely cx. All regionals suck though so Eagle,psa,pdt,xjet,skyW,rah all Suck!! Get the glass jet time and bolt. Good luck wherever you go bro.
Quote: Rah has bettr equip and a future but the company sucks. Once you get a line, its not that bad and we rarely cx. All regionals suck though so Eagle,psa,pdt,xjet,skyW,rah all Suck!! Get the glass jet time and bolt. Good luck wherever you go bro.
While I don't like the regional business model, they are not all the same as you seem to allude to. RAH has, without question or argument, one the worst contracts out there. Further, the pay scale is an embarrassment for the equipment.... there is a reason their own union is HIGHLY discouraging any pilot from gaining employment there.

Yes, the regionals all blow, but they are not all created equal. Go somewhere that you don't have to commute (subject to change of course) and somewhere with a decent contract and less than contentious management/line pilot relationship.
Quote: While I don't like the regional business model, they are not all the same as you seem to allude to. RAH has, without question or argument, one the worst contracts out there. Further, the pay scale is an embarrassment for the equipment.... there is a reason their own union is HIGHLY discouraging any pilot from gaining employment there.

Yes, the regionals all blow, but they are not all created equal. Go somewhere that you don't have to commute (subject to change of course) and somewhere with a decent contract and less than contentious management/line pilot relationship.
The union there feels like management will come around if they discourage enough guys from going there- other than that, comparing regionals is like comparing piles of ******. Even eagle and wisco guys arent happy. Like I said- good luck and move on.
update
Thank you guys for the information, I am aware of what is going on at RAH.

here is my situation, I live in Kansas city so the possible non commute with rah is appealing but St. Louis is not that far of a commute either and there contract/pay is more appealing.

Also I have heard that upgrade times at tsa could be within 12 months.

Interviewed with eagle and they were hiring for the same thing as tsa (145) but were saying upgrades would take 5-6 years with a couple years on reserse Possible.

I know regionals Suck and that I need jet time so where would be better to get that? TSA or RAH
Quote: Thank you guys for the information, I am aware of what is going on at RAH.

here is my situation, I live in Kansas city so the possible non commute with rah is appealing but St. Louis is not that far of a commute either and there contract/pay is more appealing.

Also I have heard that upgrade times at tsa could be within 12 months.

Interviewed with eagle and they were hiring for the same thing as tsa (145) but were saying upgrades would take 5-6 years with a couple years on reserse Possible.

I know regionals Suck and that I need jet time so where would be better to get that? TSA or RAH
Nevr believe short upgrade times- The 170 is an easy train and guys are gettin mci out of training. Rah sucks but ive been at 3 regionals and they all have their probs. Yea its a bad contract but even wisco(best contract) is not great. Good luck bro. I M me if you need more info. Ill give you the brutal truth about rah- good and bad.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to