ATP practical

Subscribe
35  41  42  43  44  45 
Page 45 of 45
Go to
Quote: FTI offers just the practical course in Miami and Denver (in addition to the 2-week zero-to-hero CTP+written+practical). I had a great experience in Miami, 5-day course for ~$7500, both instructor and DPE were ex-AF.

It’s definitely pricey compared to other options, but I didn’t have to worry about weather or airplanes breaking down (both factors I saw affect other people).

It was a little intimidating learning the A320 just for the checkride but the depth of knowledge is not to a type-rating level (think Boldfaces/big systems overview vs complex EPs/which hydro controls a specific spoiler).

They pair you with a training partner and you take the checkride as a crew. The left seater is evaluated but can be assisted by the right seater, then you switch seats.
I totally agree. I just got my ATP practical and added 737NG type (no prior 737 time) at FTI, and had a great experience. About $11,500. I did the accelerated program (40 hours systems CBTs at home, then 6x 4-hour sims with a partner.) It is a RAPID pace even for an experienced military cargo pilot - intimidating is the right word for it. But the instructors were knowledgeable & good at teaching, and the evaluator was thorough but fair. They won't send you to checkride unless you're ready, which is exactly what I wanted. Very professional environment. Just get ready for a few weeks of studying and chair flying like you did in pilot training.
35  41  42  43  44  45 
Page 45 of 45
Go to