Freight to Pax the Old Way

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: You guys worry about PBS, the talk in those days was the idea of pilot nav and getting rid of the navigator.
Yes Foxhunter, it is wise for us to be worried...........FDX finally got rid of all their Flight Engineers last month. PBS would get rid of another 400-700 Pilots due to reduced manning requirement with massive gains in Productivity in the FDX system! Just say NO
Quote: ..........I met Paul Sr. After he hired me over the phone as a DC8 F/O in May 1970 during my first furlough at Seaboard. .....
So Fox, you were first furloughed in 1970, which meant you had to be hired sometime in the 60's. You just retired, like last year. I'm doing the math, and you must of been hired at Seaboard as a teenager. What year of High School did they take you?
Quote: So Fox, you were first furloughed in 1970, which meant you had to be hired sometime in the 60's. You just retired, like last year. I'm doing the math, and you must of been hired at Seaboard as a teenager. What year of High School did they take you?
I've always wondered how FH got to be the AOEA (All-knowing Oracle of Everything Aviation) with only a 10th grade education ... now we know
Quote: So Fox, you were first furloughed in 1970, which meant you had to be hired sometime in the 60's. You just retired, like last year. I'm doing the math, and you must of been hired at Seaboard as a teenager. What year of High School did they take you?
No I was 21 when hired, but came close to being hired a year earlier.
Seaboard Stories - Early Odyssey

Look at the pictures in the links.
Seaboard Stories - The Good Old Days
http://www.seaboardairlines.org/spar/stories/s22.html
Seaboard Stories - Pilot Employment Process, 1947
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to