UPS Accident - BHM

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 61
Go to
I can't imagine anything being allowed to be removed from the site as it is an ongoing investigation, the lost Crew and the Flight Recorders being the obvious exception of course. I suspect that debris away from the impact area will be identified, mapped and removed for analysis but the site will be cordoned off.

Of course, I'm applying logic and that doesn't always prevail.
Quote: Just heard on the local news that it decsended 7000 feet in one minute. Don't know if that's true just what they said.

Just reminds you that it could be anyone of us any day. RIP and tailwinds to the crew. Condolences to the families and UPS pilot group.

First off, never believe the news. They are starving for something to keep fueling the story so they can sell commercials. I just watched that tool Darby throw the pilots under the bus using info from Flightaware too. Seriously dude! What a tool!

FYI next time you do a flight go back and look at it on Flightaware. Many times I went back to see how we did and at times it said we were doing less than 200kts ground speed (we had a tail wind so.....) at cruise and showed sudden drops in altitude of up to 6000f/m. Yeah hardly the profile we flew.

Bottom line is that if there were a free program on the internet that could accurately define a fast moving objects point in space why would we need radar and air traffic control facilities? You could just provide Flightaware services from your couch
Quote: Grow up.

You sound like a 14 year old.

Frankly, your comments here are an embarrassment not only to our profession, but our pilot group.
I agree. I'm sure he's part of that miserable 10% that's just a "joy" to fly with.

Prayers for the crew and families.
Every time there is a crash thread it seems to spiral into a cyber fist fight...

Like I said, I didn't seriously think they would be removing parcels, but I was hoping there could be some kind of explanation as to why a UPS truck was there. I'm guessing it just happened to be on its deliveries and then got turned around and some news agency found it a fitting photo.
Quote: First off, never believe the news. They are starving for something to keep fueling the story so they can sell commercials. I just watched that tool Darby throw the pilots under the bus using info from Flightaware too. Seriously dude! What a tool!

FYI next time you do a flight go back and look at it on Flightaware. Many times I went back to see how we did and at times it said we were doing less than 200kts ground speed (we had a tail wind so.....) at cruise and showed sudden drops in altitude of up to 6000f/m. Yeah hardly the profile we flew.

Bottom line is that if there were a free program on the internet that could accurately define a fast moving objects point in space why would we need radar and air traffic control facilities? You could just provide Flightaware services from your couch
Can't use flightaware for this UPS analysis yet it was used by many here against the Asiana crew.

Anyway, RIP to the crew.
sad news this morning
I'm sorry about the accident.
Quote: Every time there is a crash thread it seems to spiral into a cyber fist fight...

Like I said, I didn't seriously think they would be removing parcels, but I was hoping there could be some kind of explanation as to why a UPS truck was there. I'm guessing it just happened to be on its deliveries and then got turned around and some news agency found it a fitting photo.
Possibly company employees checking out what happened as I am sure local fire/police notified local office immediately
When I saw the pic of the cockpit area I also thought "why isn't it survivable if the fuselage remained so intact?"

Then you see this angle:

Quote: When I saw the pic of the cockpit area I also thought "why isn't it survivable if the fuselage remained so intact?"

Then you see this angle:

Far different angle than any other photos I saw. Explains it pretty well.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24 
Page 14 of 61
Go to