Fear the bone!!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to

The Aviationist » Stunning image captures a split second before a GBU-10 bomb dropped by a B-1 hits a small boat at sea
Pretty easy when the boat is doing circles, judging from the wake. I'll be more impressed when they hit one doing 30 knots in rough seas.
Of course you've already blinded the crew while lasing to the target!
Quote: Pretty easy when the boat is doing circles, judging from the wake. I'll be more impressed when they hit one doing 30 knots in rough seas.
That's the tow-boat wake.
Quote: That's the tow-boat wake.
Shack, looked like it was just doing circles.
IDK
That sure looks photo-shopped to me. Either that is a very small boat or a very large bomb. The bomb looks like it is closer to the lens than the boat.
article retitled : B-1 platform developed in 1970s, poaches on USN/USMC bread and butter and tries to stay employed
Quote: That sure looks photo-shopped to me. Either that is a very small boat or a very large bomb. The bomb looks like it is closer to the lens than the boat.

It was a test out in the Gulf of Mexico. Real pic.

Here's the rest

Quote: That sure looks photo-shopped to me. Either that is a very small boat or a very large bomb. The bomb looks like it is closer to the lens than the boat.
It's a 14' bomb that weighs 2,100 pounds. Looks legit to me.
Quote: article retitled : B-1 platform developed in 1970s, poaches on USN/USMC bread and butter and tries to stay employed
Eh... I wouldn't say "poaching" so much as saying "look we can actually hit it."
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to