Should I go to Texas?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Hello fellow pilots, my name is Cesar and I am 17 years old. Currently a highschool senior in highschool. It has been a passion of mine ever since I was a young boy. I was in love with airplanes; collecting die-cast replicas, drawing, and spotting at local airports. Luckly I live right below final approach at ewr Anyway, I am looking for the best route to become a pilot. Right now, im thinking about going to texas, getting a BS in aviation logistics or something like that and going to flight school at the same time. US avation academy has the American Eagle pipeline program which would be the perfect opportunity after I recieve my CFI and CFI-II to go to regionals. By the time I have a hefty amount of hours I could upgrade to legacy. According to "airlinepilotcentral.com" the mandatory retirements will be at its peak; about 700 pilots per year. At the year 2022 I'd be 26. Maybe join reserves too. Any suggestions? Thank you for taking the time to read the post.

-Montey
Yes. Go to Texas just so you can use this Davy Crockett quote....

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."
Wasn't that the name of a Walt Disney book?
Texas rocks.
Lots of opportunities in Texas. TSTC in Waco had an affordable college/flight school. There is one in Kileen as well. I fly business jets and find that there are lots of opportunities on the Part 91 and Part 135 side here as well. Also, the cost of living is much less here than most places...something you will appreciate as you are in the first few years of an aviation career salary scale.
I'm a native-Texan and I've seen too many folks infiltrate my state and try to make it more liberal than SFO.

Have you ever thought of taking the military route? Something else to consider and research....
Quote: I'm a native-Texan and I've seen too many folks infiltrate my state and try to make it more liberal than SFO.

Have you ever thought of taking the military route? Something else to consider and research....
I was, sir. Actually going into the ANG enlisted. Once im through with college, I'll become an officer. (or hope to be)
Quote: Lots of opportunities in Texas. TSTC in Waco had an affordable college/flight school. There is one in Kileen as well. I fly business jets and find that there are lots of opportunities on the Part 91 and Part 135 side here as well. Also, the cost of living is much less here than most places...something you will appreciate as you are in the first few years of an aviation career salary scale.
Have you heard anything about US aviation? Hopefully I could attend UNT too. They are both in the same town.
Quote: Lots of opportunities in Texas. TSTC in Waco had an affordable college/flight school. There is one in Kileen as well. I fly business jets and find that there are lots of opportunities on the Part 91 and Part 135 side here as well. Also, the cost of living is much less here than most places...something you will appreciate as you are in the first few years of an aviation career salary scale.
Those are both excellent schools. And don't forget one of the best parts about Texas. The girls are pretty!
Quote: Those are both excellent schools. And don't forget one of the best parts about Texas. The girls are pretty!
Yes they are Do those schools have pipeline programs?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to