Cross country time build

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I fly alot at my current job but all of it is local time 0 Cross country.I am getting close to the 1500 but i am short 200 hrs cross country time.Any suggestions on how to build cross country time near ventura,California
Fly further?
willing to fly anywhere as long as i come back to cali
a quick touch and go at one of the numerous airports in the area.
Don't know if this helps, but for ATP purposes you don't have to land any where you just have to fly to a point 50 nm away.
Go through and make sure any flight in the records that landed at 2 points was counted. Still not enough and you may be looking at some sort of time building project, ferry, or CFI work. I had to do a C152 time building project to get mine up towards the end.
Quote: I fly alot at my current job but all of it is local time 0 Cross country.I am getting close to the 1500 but i am short 200 hrs cross country time.Any suggestions on how to build cross country time near ventura,California

Get 3 of you buddies together, rent a 172 for ROAD TRIP to Las Vegas!

Do this every Friday night, for about two months.

Make them pay for the airplane, or at least split it 4 ways.

That's how I paid for my cross country hours when I was 18 in college, but instead of Las Vegas, it was for an overnight to an all girls college to visit my girlfriend, so I pimped out her girlfriends, and I never had trouble filling the airplane with willing participants.
Quote: Go through and make sure any flight in the records that landed at 2 points was counted. Still not enough and you may be looking at some sort of time building project, ferry, or CFI work. I had to do a C152 time building project to get mine up towards the end.
I thought it had to be more than 50 nm to count as cross country
Quote: Get 3 of you buddies together, rent a 172 for ROAD TRIP to Las Vegas!

Do this every Friday night, for about two months.

Make them pay for the airplane, or at least split it 4 ways.

That's how I paid for my cross country hours when I was 18 in college, but instead of Las Vegas, it was for an overnight to an all girls college to visit my girlfriend, so I pimped out her girlfriends, and I never had trouble filling the airplane with willing participants.
sounds perfect wish i could do that ,30 ,married with children and works every weekend
Quote: Don't know if this helps, but for ATP purposes you don't have to land any where you just have to fly to a point 50 nm away.
that is my dilemma i fly within 15 nm of my airport
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to