American posts 1.9B profit

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Post-Merger, American Airlines Group Reports Stronger Than Expected Combined Earnings - Forbes
Al,
Thanks for posting this. I'm amazed that no one else has commented. This airline is in an incredible healthy position as it emerges from bankruptcy. The new AAL has over 10 Billion dollars in cash, enough that the shareholders believe that it is an excess for operations and would like to see some of it returned. On top of that, revenues will continue to increase due to fees and rising ticket prices stemming from greater demand but continued flat to slightly higher capacity.

What caught my attention was that in the quarterly conference call Doug answered an analysts question stating that to contract for the pilots was complete. We are all chipping in our two cents on how the SLI should be done, something that is mostly out of our control, but maybe what we should be doing is contacting our reps and suggesting what we would like to see in the JCBA. We should make sure that the JCBA is on our reps minds and possible remind those who we will be negotiating with. In a world of revenue growth and continued record profits in for the foreseeable future we may never have a better opportunity to negotiate a fair piece of this success. The MOU may have been a good start but it may be a small drop in the bucket in the long term.
Any guesses on what USAirways profit sharing numbers $$$?
Quote: Any guesses on what USAirways profit sharing numbers $$$?
Is that all you got out of the post?? How much is in this for us in the east?? Nothing about how great it is to finally be with a healthy carrier, well you got that when AWA took over your east operations but that's another story.

That was a typical east pilot greedy mentality statement Woody.

WD at AWA
Quote: Any guesses on what USAirways profit sharing numbers $$$?
USAPA had put out an email a month or two ago with some preliminary numbers. I think using their numbers and the projected 4th quarter earnings numbers I calculated the profit sharing to be about $8700 pre tax.

I haven't done the math to see what it is after the 4 quarter results or how new hires during the 4th quarter may effect that. As a WAG of the top of my head I'd guess $8500 to $8900.
Quote: Is that all you got out of the post?? How much is in this for us in the east?? Nothing about how great it is to finally be with a healthy carrier, well you got that when AWA took over your east operations but that's another story.

That was a typical east pilot greedy mentality statement Woody.

WD at AWA
So this is what obsession looks like.
excellent news and my opinion is future is bright for AAL
+1 satpak.

I hope AAL doesn't go crazy and blow all that cash.

We will need it in the not too distant future to fend off cabotage by state-sponsored airlines with 95-pound 22-year old flight attendants!!

That "giant sucking sound" that Ross Perot heard was the sound of American businessmen jumping ship to the likes of Singapore Airlines!!!
Quote: So this is what obsession looks like.
LOL! Took the words right out of my mouth!
Quote: +1 satpak.

I hope AAL doesn't go crazy and blow all that cash.

We will need it in the not too distant future to fend off cabotage by state-sponsored airlines with 95-pound 22-year old flight attendants!!

That "giant sucking sound" that Ross Perot heard was the sound of American businessmen jumping ship to the likes of Singapore Airlines!!!
Domestic service has a looooong way to go. We've got disgruntled senior gummer mamas who can't fit sideways down the aisle leading the charge!
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to