Horizon hiring/interviews

Subscribe
31  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  51 
Page 41 of 80
Go to
Question regarding the Country Inn & Suites and double occupancy lodging for ground school at PDX:

Are the shared rooms just regular hotel rooms with 2 beds or are they suites?
Shared rooms with two beds. Cozy would be a good description. UNLESS your the odd man out If there happens to be an odd number of men then one gets a room to himself. MAYBE you are the only girl in class you then also have your own room. Congrats on the new job. Personally its been a great company for me, learning a lot, got a line after two bids. Things are always changing.
Quote: MAYBE you are the only girl in class you then also have your own room. Congrats on the new job.
No, but now I'm tempted to show up in drag!
Quote: I was told at the interview the goal was 200 or more in 2015
That's nearly 1/4 of the pilot group. Is this for estimated attrition?
Any updates on FOs going to AS? Does anyone know specifically who some of these folks are and not just rumors? I knew about the CP in MFR that left a while back.
Quote: That's nearly 1/4 of the pilot group. Is this for estimated attrition?
I think so. Consider the following:

I was hired 3 years ago, and was number 600 on the list. The total number was 603. For about the last year and a half, our training department has been running about as fast as they can. FlightSafety in Seattle cannot provide all of the simulator hours we are trying to buy. I've been told recently that some other cities were being considered for sim training. Even with all of this training going on, at the end of November the total count of pilots was 604. In 3 years, we'd added a single pilot. The current list shows 137 pilots hired in 2014. I doubt attrition is going to slow down, and if they're planning on upgrading anyone at all then they'll need more than 137 pilots. The last rumor I heard was 250 training cycles, with 90 of them being upgrades. That would end up with 160 new hires, so it would make the numbers work out about right.

Quote: Any updates on FOs going to AS? Does anyone know specifically who some of these folks are and not just rumors? I knew about the CP in MFR that left a while back.
There have been a trickle. I haven't known any of the recent ones personally, although I talked to one on the bus to the parking lot a couple of weeks back.
The use of the Q400 sim in Toronto was confirmed when I was in recurrent.
Quote: Any updates on FOs going to AS? Does anyone know specifically who some of these folks are and not just rumors? I knew about the CP in MFR that left a while back.
I know 2 personally. One was a 2007 hire, the other 2008. Both did work in the puzzle palace (SPT/FMS instructor and Interviews), and attended job fairs.
Quote: I know 2 personally. One was a 2007 hire, the other 2008. Both did work in the puzzle palace (SPT/FMS instructor and Interviews), and attended job fairs.
I know you want to get out of that jet and come start at the bottom again.
Quote: I know you want to get out of that jet and come start at the bottom again.
Funny you say that, I actually do...
31  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  51 
Page 41 of 80
Go to