Commuting on Brown to ANC or SDF?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but for the sake of discussion, I'm gonna throw it out there anyway......

Which destination would be the easier commute from Southern California (SAN, ONT)........ANC or SDF?

I'm pretty sure that I'll be in a January class at Brown, and I'm guessing I'll get MD-11s somewhere. I'm also guessing that it would be easier to commute to SDF (more flights, etc). Any current Brown guys care to comment on frequency of flights, or any other pertinent info? Thanks for your input.
SDF/ONT has more flights but there are ONT/ANC flights as well. Let me check and get back to you...

PS. MD11 SDF has become quite senoir, if you are going to start out on the maddog, you mignt want to invest in some warmer clothes!
Getting back to you...

1 direct flight daily ONT/ANC seats available on the days I checked.

3+ flights daily ONT/SDF again, seats available
2 flights daily SAN/SDF Hope this helps

ONT 757/767 domicile should be growing, you might get lucky
Thanks a lot Birdstrike.

I would love to based in ONT on the 75/767.....that would mean no commute, but I have a funny feeling that a MD-11 is in my future....and that probably means ANC or SDF for the first year. At any rate, it looks like SDF is the hands down winner between the two for a potential commuter, like me.

Thanks again,
Arch
Hey Arch,

If you think you're going to fly the MD-11, and you live in SoCal, you'll end up in MIA on the 757 for sure! That's just the way it works here at Brown. Good luck, and like you said, it's only for a year. Let us know how it works out for ya!
Let us know when you get a class date, Arch. You'll like it here at UPS.
I think I just saw that the next class is going to have ten Z fo (int'l 767) fo positions. Grab one if you can!!!
Quote: I think I just saw that the next class is going to have ten Z fo (int'l 767) fo positions. Grab one if you can!!!
Where did you see this??
I just went looking to find where I saw it, and what I saw wasn't what I thought I saw. It was a message from the union about the new hire dinner for those in the training center now:

{NEW HIRE DINNER}
The IPA is hosting UPS's newest crewmembers tonight. A New Hire
dinner is planned at the IPA with 10 757 SDFZ FOs, six MD-11
FOs and one 747 FO.
Quote: Hey Arch,

If you think you're going to fly the MD-11, and you live in SoCal, you'll end up in MIA on the 757 for sure! That's just the way it works here at Brown. Good luck, and like you said, it's only for a year. Let us know how it works out for ya!

Arch,

If you end up in MIA on the B757 when you want ONT ...

Guess that means I'll get ONT after you are in class, when I want MIA or SDF ...

Go figure ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Later, CC
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to