UAL vs CAL Interns

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
I am a former UAL intern (2000) and have had my stuff in from the beginning and have heard nothing. Any former UAL interns getting/got an interview? I know several Former CAL Interns getting hired but none from LUAL. I did a meet and greet with one of the chief pilots before they stopped interviewing and he said that being a UAL intern wouldn't get me the interview. What gives? Is LCAL in charge of hiring? Thanks
UAL vs CAL Interns
I'm a 2000 UAL intern. I was hired last April. I went to 5 job fairs that UAL was at as well as keeping contact with a few of the recruiters and my flight manager from the internship. The internship I felt helped but the networking was what I got me the interview. Several interns from 2000 on the LUAL side have been hired over the past year. Keep your head up, keep networking and hopefully you'll get the call soon!
i know several CAL interns that have not heard anything yet either. Though there are many that did.
Try to go to Chicago and meet with your mentor in the meantime. Once we start putting on job fairs attend as many as you can.
And here I was hoping this thread was about some sorta Intern Fight Club pay per view event in the Willis basement.
Thanks! Gives me some hope after all. It's just been a bit discouraging because I thought the point of an internship was to give you a leg up on the rest of the competition for at least an interview. I guess That free lunch I got everyday was my thanks.
Quote: Thanks! Gives me some hope after all. It's just been a bit discouraging because I thought the point of an internship was to give you a leg up on the rest of the competition for at least an interview. I guess That free lunch I got everyday was my thanks.
Works for some folks and not so much for others.
I think the key is to stay in touch with those contacts you made during the internship. If you haven't over the years, it may not be a bad idea to hunt them down and ask for any advice (if they're still around).
Quote: And here I was hoping this thread was about some sorta Intern Fight Club pay per view event in the Willis basement.
FWIW, I'm pretty sure the great UAL/CAL intern battle went down like this:

Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to