Meet and Greet Format

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
To anyone that has some experience, I have tried searching for this in the threads with no luck....I have been invited for a meet and greet with a United Airlines CP, and I am not sure what to expect with regards to the format. If you have any advice or info, it would be much appreciated.
Bring a resume. It'll be short and sweet. Wear a suit. I brought a friend in for one a few months ago. Very informal. Not a lot of questions other than "tell me about yourself."
Hilltopper,
Thanks for the info... I'm looking forward to it.

Quote: Bring a resume. It'll be short and sweet. Wear a suit. I brought a friend in for one a few months ago. Very informal. Not a lot of questions other than "tell me about yourself."
Quote: Bring a resume. It'll be short and sweet. Wear a suit. I brought a friend in for one a few months ago. Very informal. Not a lot of questions other than "tell me about yourself."
^^^^^What he said. I don't think we were even in there more than 10-12 minutes total. The CP submitted his rec to my airlineapps within 24hrs.
How does one get said interview?
Quote: How does one get said interview?
Network... know someone on the inside to set it up... it's how awesome your flight time is, it's about being a good guy (or gal)

Log off APC.....
If you gotta ask, you don't need to bother with asking.

George Carlin said it best: "It's a big fogging club...and you AIN'T in it!"

Cynical as it may be, it's all timing and luck in an occupation where you're otherwise trained to be carbon copies of each other.

All that said, I'm not bitter. I haven't compromised my moral compass or feigned my enthusiasm for anyone, in the process of getting a job. That is more than enough for me in order to look at myself and my family straight in the eye in the morning. There's more to life than sucking up.
Quote: Network... know someone on the inside to set it up... it's how awesome your flight time is, it's about being a good guy (or gal)
Affability often masks incompetence. YMMV.

Quote:

Log off APC.....
Now you just sound like my wife.
An M&G ISNT an interview if that's what you're asking. It's not a pre-interview, it's not a "silver bullet", etc. You will get an obligatory legal disclaimer right off that bat when you show up.
We need to get AlbieF15 to weigh in here
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to