Delta Training Crash Pad

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Quote: Wow. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this. How could you guys allow this to be in your contract? We are talking about THE Delta airlines right? Not some regional? Hell, even most regionals give you a hotel room.
Good thing there were record profits. I think even go jets gives you a double occupancy room.
Quote: Wow. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this. How could you guys allow this to be in your contract? We are talking about THE Delta airlines right? Not some regional? Hell, even most regionals give you a hotel room.
Quote: Good thing there were record profits. I think even go jets gives you a double occupancy room.
Delta has never paid for hotel rooms for training outside of OpSpecs class for new hires. The only exception is for offsite training. Get sent to one of those, you get a room.

This is nothing new. Would think that this would be something hopefuls would know of.
Quote: Delta has never paid for hotel rooms for training outside of OpSpecs class for new hires. The only exception is for offsite training. Get sent to one of those, you get a room.

This is nothing new. Would think that this would be something hopefuls would know of.
I'm not a hopeful. Just because it always has been doesn't mean it should always be. But that's how this industry works I guess. Instead of remembering how bad it sucked to shell out all that money, the more senior guys have the "gotta pay your dues" attitude.

You guys need to fix that. Just for reference, I stayed in a suite with a full kitchen in my new hire training. Including the sim portion.
Residence Inn adjacent to the training center
- 5min walk (no shuttle required)
- breakfast 7 days/week
- dinner 4 days/week + beer
- 2 bed/ 2 bath / kitchen avail (perfect for a roommate)

worth every penny!
What's the delta rate there? At residence?
Quote: Just for reference, I stayed in a suite with a full kitchen in my new hire training. Including the sim portion.
May I ask what the rest of your compensation package consists of?
www.airbnb.com

craigslist.com

Got a house for $700 for a month. Split it with my class mate. The house is owned by a retired DAL guy.

Old house, but nice. .9 mi from training center. I have a car... class mate walks when needed.

We like it.
Quote: Delta has never paid for hotel rooms for training outside of OpSpecs class for new hires. The only exception is for offsite training. Get sent to one of those, you get a room.

I did know about this was making a comment because I think that when you hit the big time you should have hotel paid during training. I do not like well it has always been this way because one could say well in the past one always had a pension. Point is things change and I would think that the union would try to help those in training out since they are lower pay then the rest. Do you guys get hotels for recurrent? Sorry if it seems like I am attacking Delta that is not my intention. It is just strange to me that something so simple would be left out of the contract.
At least you don't have to pay for a $10K type rating as part of your employment.
The lack of a hotel at training raised my eyebrows initially also, as JetBlue provided a hotel during our entire training program.

But JB pays $2500/mo during training, while DAL pays $3750/mo (coincidentally, that's first year FO pay at B6) and also provides positive space back home during breaks. That's about an extra $60/night to put towards 20 nights in ATL.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to