Alaska Hiring News?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to
Age of the student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: How is seniority number/base determined in new hire class? Thanks.
Numbers are issued by age...oldest first. Then they'll have you fill out a bid sheet and the senior guy/gal in the class will get their first choice of what is available. From the last bid results, it appears all the bases will have openings (some more than others).
Thank you for the info.
Has anybody heard if/when the application window is going to open back up? Are there any interview sessions planned for late summer?
Happy 4th.
Thanks
Alaska Hiring News?
Sorry for yet another question but I have searched and can not find an answer. Maybe it's a limitation of searching via iPhone but that is all that I have to use on this trip. :-(

What is pay during training?

Hotel provided during training?

Guessing 3 months for training & IOE. Sound right?

Again, thank you!
Don't know about the current answers to the first two questions.

The third is about right, depending on IP availability and how much IOE you need. There are a couple special airports that are required and you'll have to do one Hawaii trip. That can sometimes drag IOE out a little.

However, considering their typical short staffing, they'll try to knock out IOE and get you on the line as quickly as possible.
Quote: Sorry for yet another question but I have searched and can not find an answer. Maybe it's a limitation of searching via iPhone but that is all that I have to use on this trip. :-(

What is pay during training?

Hotel provided during training?

Guessing 3 months for training & IOE. Sound right?

Again, thank you!
When you get hired Alaska pays from day one during training. 75 hour guarantee at $53.74 hr for first year pay. Alaska does not pay for a hotel during training. There are crash pads are available in SEA, notices are usually posted in the training center when folks are looking to fill openings.
No hotel? Ouch. I can't imagine a Seattle crash pad is cheap.

Is SEA available right out of training for new hires?
Great company, I am truly surprised that they don't pay for a hotel for new hire training.
It all depends on the results of the last upgrade bid. The last bid processed had new hire F/O openings in all bases. Most, of course, were in ANC, but if you're the oldest guy in the class, you'll get your choice.
Quote: Great company, I am truly surprised that they don't pay for a hotel for new hire training.
Agreed, but most majors do not provide housing during training.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 10
Go to