UPS to hire 40 pilots

Subscribe
2  42  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  62 
Page 52 of 100
Go to
What make u say that?
I do maximum conflict for maximum days off. I get 75 hours and that's it. Never work an extra day for this place.

Between training (twice) and Vacation (three) Carry-ins (another 3 or 4 times a year) plus a few vision issues that I have and it's about 5-7 days of flying for them a month.

No need to be doing OT pickup to fatten the paycheck, especially with guys out on furlough.

It's silly to even bring up the 200k issue. When compared to what guys made in the golden era, factored in inflation and that 200k is a real insult!

We need to aim higher! (I'm talking you to XYZ)
Quote: Would you consider a 2 hour drive living in base? What's the Reserve callout?
90 minutes.

It takes just about 90 minutes to go from the parking lot to where you need to be for check-in.

That's just how this Workers' Paradise is laid-out.

So unless you live in an RV out near the guard shack, you might be pushing it.
Quote: 90 minutes.

It takes just about 90 minutes to go from the parking lot to where you need to be for check-in.

Thanks. I think Nashville would be drivable and still have a good QOL.
Quote: Would you consider a 2 hour drive living in base? What's the Reserve callout?
Reserve callout is 90 minutes, but you wouldn't be able to hold reserve as a junior FO
Quote: Reserve callout is 90 minutes, but you wouldn't be able to hold reserve as a junior FO
Good point. Still should be better than commuting to EWR!
Quote: Good point. Still should be better than commuting to EWR!
You with UA/CO or their Express division?
Quote: Good point. Still should be better than commuting to EWR!
2 hour drive wouldn't be too bad, even as a junior line holder. Good luck!
Quote: 90 minutes.

Checkin for reserves is the parking lot. Most reserve call outs you get much more notice than 90 minutes, but I wouldn't attempt it from Nashville. UPS views not being within 90 minutes of base while on reserve as stealing. We have some guys who do if from just south if Indy and Cincy but that's pushing it.
Quote: I do maximum conflict for maximum days off. I get 75 hours and that's it. Never work an extra day for this place.

Between training (twice) and Vacation (three) Carry-ins (another 3 or 4 times a year) plus a few vision issues that I have and it's about 5-7 days of flying for them a month.

No need to be doing OT pickup to fatten the paycheck, especially with guys out on furlough.

It's silly to even bring up the 200k issue. When compared to what guys made in the golden era, factored in inflation and that 200k is a real insult!

We need to aim higher! (I'm talking you to XYZ!)
A turn pays 6 hours. A hot pays 5.5. That's plenty of motivation to pick up easy cash when there isn't a ban on. Why don't you trust the EB?
2  42  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  62 
Page 52 of 100
Go to