Wearing Alpa pin

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I have never been an Alpa member but did do work on the beginnings of an Alpa drive. A friend of mine who was ExpressJet gave me his Alpa pin after he left Xjet. I support unionizing under Alpa but hate wearing lanyards. What kinda flak would I get for wearing the pin without having been an official member?
Wearing Alpa pin
If you're not a member, why would you wear the pin?
Wearing Alpa pin
I am all for supporting who ever you want to support , but the cats who don't allow people on their Jumpseat cause they don't have a pin on......

That's a whole other story
Wearing Alpa pin
Had our ALPA reps at XJT tell us during new hire orientation that if didn't have our ALPA pin on, we would be denied the jumpseat...
I want to show my support for the Union to come here. But I don't want to wear a lanyard. I've gotten annoyed by my lanyard.
Quote:
I want to show my support for the Union to come here. But I don't want to wear a lanyard. I've gotten annoyed by my lanyard.
Wear it. It's about more than just being a "member".

I was non union at my first regional when I was hired. I inquired back then if it would be ok if I, a non ALPA pilot, wear an ALPA lanyard to show support.

I wore it and a few years later we voted in ALPA.

So obviously me wearing the lanyard worked.
Yeah I get the lanyard. I would wear it if I wore lanyards. But I don't. The question is about the pin. The pin is given to members but was handed to me by a good friend.
I can't stand ALPA, as those thieves have been taking my money and screwing me in some form or fashion for most of my career. That said, it's not kosher to wear the pin if you are not a member, but if you want to wear the pin but not the lanyard, put it on your tie.

The only reason I wear mine is that it has a battle star on it, and that is something I am proud of. It's also the most expensive piece of jewelry I have ever bought.

And spare me the "ALPA helped you with that" speech. Any "help" they provided was more than offset by the damage they have done.

The only reason I still pay dues is that I consider it putting an attorney on retainer should I ever need one.
Quote:
I can't stand ALPA, as those thieves have been taking my money and screwing me in some form or fashion for most of my career. That said, it's not kosher to wear the pin if you are not a member, but if you want to wear the pin but not the lanyard, put it on your tie.

The only reason I wear mine is that it has a battle star on it, and that is something I am proud of. It's also the most expensive piece of jewelry I have ever bought.

And spare me the "ALPA helped you with that" speech. Any "help" they provided was more than offset by the damage they have done.

The only reason I still pay dues is that I consider it putting an attorney on retainer should I ever need one.
Dissent against the Union should be encouraged. Everyone can't be sheep. You earned that star, you can wear that proudly.
I wore the pin at eagle during training when they gave it to us lol .a Instructor advised me to take it off lol
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to