Kalitta Air now accepting FO applications

Subscribe
51  91  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  111  151  201 
Page 101 of 458
Go to
Do you folks think Kalitta might hire an experienced pilot (5000+ hrs 121,135, 2400 Turbine [1250 PIC]) who isn't proficient? I haven't been employed as a pilot for 10+ years but I'd like to get back into it...
don't limit yourself. There are options out there.
Quote: Do you folks think Kalitta might hire an experienced pilot (5000+ hrs 121,135, 2400 Turbine [1250 PIC]) who isn't proficient? I haven't been employed as a pilot for 10+ years but I'd like to get back into it...
Guys in similiar situations have been hired recently.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Quote: Thanks for the encouragement!
I don't think anyone here is encouraging you to apply to, work for, or even think about working for Kalitta. Strike ballots are being mailed and people are leaving in droves because management fundamentally disrespects the pilots and the bargaining process. Ask yourself if you really want to be part of that.

Now if you are referring to the encouragement to seek employment elsewhere, I would agree, with that experience you should have no difficulty finding something else a little more stable.

Good luck
Yes my question was more about finding work in general - I don't want to cross any picket lines. The regionals aren't really an option for me as I have a family and can't afford to work for nothing...
Quote: Do you folks think Kalitta might hire an experienced pilot (5000+ hrs 121,135, 2400 Turbine [1250 PIC]) who isn't proficient? I haven't been employed as a pilot for 10+ years but I'd like to get back into it...
They have tried that several times recently. Did not go well at all and both pilots quit. Apply and see what happens
Aurora8,

My SIM partner when I got hired at Kalitta had a nearly your experience and time away from flying. He made it through. It took a significant effort on both our parts. He had flown about one hundred hours in an A300 just before coming over to K4. By far the hardest thing for him was getting the FMS and glass cockpit stuff. It is a tall order to just jump into a transport jet after a long time away. It is a mountain if you have no glass experience. Having said that it can be done. If you want it bad enough I welcome you back to the industry. Here and now at Kalitta though may not be the place to come back.
Is it labor relations that's dragging down morale? How is the job otherwise? Whats the latest on strike talks?
Quote: Aurora8,

My SIM partner when I got hired at Kalitta had a nearly your experience and time away from flying. He made it through.... Here and now at Kalitta though may not be the place to come back.
Thanks, Mate.
51  91  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  104  105  111  151  201 
Page 101 of 458
Go to