Tattoos In The Industry

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 16
Go to
Quote: If you want to show the world you're someone who makes bad decisions, get a tattoo and start smoking. It takes all of the guess work out when trying to figure out whether or not someone is an idiot.

Never in my life have I ever saw a tattoo that made someone look better. 30 years down the line, your awesome tattoo will only look that much more dumb.
There are no words for people as ignorant as yourself.

After re-reading your post a couple of times and noting errors, maybe you should not be the person on a soapbox calling others idiots...
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my ass that says "FaceBiter". ;-)
Quote: Well if a tattoo is supposed to be some rebellious thing that one won't conform to the norms of society etc. How does that personality trait fit into the SOP driven regulated airline world?
Who says a tattoo is only a rebellious act? Could it be symbolic? Commemorative?
Quote: Let me guess. Everyone that disagrees with you is "ignorant". Whatever dude. Next........

Oh wait. Here is a seemingly enlightened and intelligent guy.

A long sleeve shirt is all he needs and he is good to go. Look how deep and meaningful those sweet tatts are.
ROTFLMFAO!

It's all pretty simple. Societies have conventions and expectations. If you have a burning desire to show your individuality and go outside those conventions then you have to accept the reality of how society is going to treat you right or wrong. Simple.
Quote: Let me guess. Everyone that disagrees with you is "ignorant". Whatever dude. Next........

Oh wait. Here is a seemingly enlightened and intelligent guy.

A long sleeve shirt is all he needs and he is good to go. Look how deep and meaningful those sweet tatts are.
It's not because you disagree with him. It's because your logic is one of ignorance. You're automatically associating tattoos with bad decision making. You're implying that simply because one gets a tattoo(s), one makes poor decisions. This is clearly a terribly ignorant and unsupported assumption on your part.

The picture you've posted is beyond ridiculous as well. Since alcoholism exists(the absolute extreme of alcohol assumption) should we assume that those who consume alcohol are all alcoholics?
Quote: Who says a tattoo is only a rebellious act? Could it be symbolic? Commemorative?
Sure. I know a guy I used to ride with who has Olympic Rings on his ankle. I know another guy at Alaska with some tatts. But they wisely chose to put them where they can be covered. Love unicorns? Great, good for you. But if you get a unicorn's horn symbolically tattooed on your forehead then you're not going to work for a 121 airline. Just the way it is. . .
Tattoos and people without degrees aren't accepted at major airlines. Hmmmmm they don't typically go together do they?
Quote: Dal and 9E allow no visible tattoos. Long sleeve shirt for you!
I believe that DAL doesn't allow long sleeves without wearing the blazer as well. That wool double breasted is all the rage in ATL in July/August.
Quote: Sure. I know a guy I used to ride with who has Olympic Rings on his ankle. I know another guy at Alaska with some tatts. But they wisely chose to put them where they can be covered. Love unicorns? Great, good for you. But if you get a unicorn's horn symbolically tattooed on your forehead then you're not going to work for a 121 airline. Just the way it is. . .
Not once in this thread have I argued that the location of a tattoo should not be easily covered. What I take issue with, is the claim that getting a tattoo implies that one makes bad choices. Or that it is purely a rebellious act.
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Page 6 of 16
Go to