Bombardier Q400 -- to solve shortage?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
Interesting... Just sharing.

Can Bombardier?s Q400 Save Regional Air Service in the US? | Airchive
Just asking, how would a q400 resolve the pilot shortage versus the crj700? Without reading article going off title. Does the q400 require less pilots to operate than say crj700?
This: "Moreover, US passengers are notoriously skeptical of turboprop aircraft, which could leave airlines hesitant to invest in the product." I don't think an airline running the Q400 has a prayer against an airline running E-175's, even if that means they can't take off out of Monkey's Eyebrow, Kentucky.

Just imho.
Well, horizon air did order one while q400 airframe. They're off to quite the start.
Quote: Just asking, how would a q400 resolve the pilot shortage versus the crj700? Without reading article going off title. Does the q400 require less pilots to operate than say crj700?
Cost of operation with lower fuel and mx cost you can pay labor higher while keeping similar margins. Makes sense.
Quote: This: "Moreover, US passengers are notoriously skeptical of turboprop aircraft, which could leave airlines hesitant to invest in the product." I don't think an airline running the Q400 has a prayer against an airline running E-175's, even if that means they can't take off out of Monkey's Eyebrow, Kentucky.

Just imho.
Pax are idiots. They see props and automatically think it's ancient. I overheard one once saying they our ATR-72-212A (deliveried in 98) was more than likely built in the 60s.
To quote a friend in reference to this article, "Can AIDS save Africa?"
Quote: Pax are idiots. They see props and automatically think it's ancient. I overheard one once saying they our ATR-72-212A (deliveried in 98) was more than likely built in the 60s.
It's the perception, and the perception rules reality.
I believe that what the Q400 can save are the routes that pilot shortage/economics are about to take away. By making it economic to fly routes at risk, there is one solution, but pilot shortage is another issue.
Quote: I believe that what the Q400 can save are the routes that pilot shortage/economics are about to take away. By making it economic to fly routes at risk, there is one solution, but pilot shortage is another issue.
Let's add another factor into the equation:

Recruiter: "Would you like to fly a Q400?"
Pilot candidate: "Do you have any jets?"

Recruiter "Well yes, but we're recruiting for the Q400"
Pilot candidate: "Bye".

SJS my friend. SJS. I'm sure recruiting for Piedmont is awesome...
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to