Running out of time for the ATP written!

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
So I assume there are 1000's on here like myself who need to take the written before the deadline. What is going to happen to the pilots who cannot make the deadline or future career guys who are lets say in the commercial phase of training, what are they going to do when the deadline passes and they cannot take the written.
Time
Quote: So I assume there are 1000's on here like myself who need to take the written before the deadline. What is going to happen to the pilots who cannot make the deadline or future career guys who are lets say in the commercial phase of training, what are they going to do when the deadline passes and they cannot take the written.
You are correct that you are out of time. I am in the same boat as you due to the fact that work commitments and mandatory overtime kept me away from my studies. I missed the deadlineas well.

I believe the regs say that people who don't have the written completed by July 31 will have to complete it after taking the ATP-CTP. This involves 30 hours of ground and 10 hours of full level D time.

I am not aware of the cost of such training. I know ERAU sells it and I am hoping that airlines will provide it to people with 1500 total.

Any other opinions on that aspect of airlines paying for the training for new hires. I thought I heard that they will be.
ATP/Higher Power are selling their course for $5K. A couple airlines are working on including the course in their training.
Quote: ATP/Higher Power are selling their course for $5K. A couple airlines are working on including the course in their training.
I am really hoping that people don't pay for this crap this time around. It should be up to the airlines to provide this level of training.

What airlines have you heard of.
Quote: I am really hoping that people don't pay for this crap this time around. It should be up to the airlines to provide this level of training.

What airlines have you heard of.
How are the airlines obligated to provide something you need to have to get hired?
Quote: How are the airlines obligated to provide something you need to have to get hired?
they may not be obligated but they may have incentive...
Obligation
Quote: How are the airlines obligated to provide something you need to have to get hired?
They aren't obligated per say to provide what is required to get hired. This ATP-CTP training requirement is really more of a reflection of what has been lacking in regional training. Who said that an ATP in a Piper Seminole is really enough to qualify a pilot for right seat RJ time.

The regionals should be obligated to provide adequate training for people to transition from GA to airline flying. This transition, I believe, should require much more that the regionals have been providing.

The regulation may be better implemented by requiring the regionals to provide this training to new pilots rather than requiring pilots to have it before they are hired.
Meaning??
Quote: they may not be obligated but they may have incentive...
What incentive are you referring to here?
Quote: What incentive are you referring to here?
filling the right seat of an rj continuously with a warm body.
Training
Quote: filling the right seat of an rj continuously with a warm body.
The training will have to be provided on a continous basis without exception. With this many pilots required, it may be to the regional's advantage to provide the training.

I am really hoping that people wise up and don't pay for what should be required as a condition before a pilot may fly the line rather than conditional for employment.

If the training is so important, and I believe it is, then it should be required as part of the regional's training program.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to