1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 22
Go to
Officials issue response plan, travel alert over Ebola | CIDRAP
It gets better....

Two Americans With Ebola to Be Flown Back to US - ABC News
Quote: It gets better....

Two Americans With Ebola to Be Flown Back to US - ABC News
They will of course take adequate precautions. Ebola is not a doomsday bug, it can be managed and contained with modern medical techniques (which are limited or non-existent in Africa).
I'm just glad they are flying them back to Atlanta. That's nice. Not where my family and I live or anything.
Quote: They will of course take adequate precautions. Ebola is not a doomsday bug, it can be managed and contained with modern medical techniques (which are limited or non-existent in Africa).
Of course! What could go wrong?! Let's transport a highly contagious virus with no known cure and a 90% death rate in an airplane back to the United States.

They knew the risks when they went. This is an unnecessary risk to the rest of our country. And since there is no known cure - just "supportive therapy" - what's the point of bringing them back home? They won't be able to see their families because they will be in a Level 4 CDC lab. If they die their bodies have to be disposed of quickly because the corpse is highly infectious. And in the (highly unlikely) chance they survive, they can still transmit the virus and will be quarantined for the foreseeable future.

It isn't a doomsday bug, but why take the risk? Didn't we learn our lesson from smallpox? You can literally contract Ebola by shaking hands with an infected person...

But hey, look on the bright side - tickets to Sierra Leona must be super cheap! Anyone wanna go on a vacation
Yes. I totally trust what the CDC (Federal Govt agency) states about the Ebola virus because; this is the same agency that made the following predictions as examples:

AIDS (HIV) would not become an established health issue in the U.S.
West Nile virus cases would not be established within the U.S.
Lyme disease would be contained to the Southeast area of the U.S.

Many articles they have produced under their Environmental Health section would make most folks roll their eyes up into their forehead.

Yes, I totally trust and believe what this agency puts out because they have such a great track record.
I agree with Rhino and Yazzhoo. They knew the risks, there is no reason to bring them back. And seriously, can you rely on the govt.'s word for ANYTHING? (Rhetorical because as we all know, you can't.)
Apparently this virus used to wipe out entire African villages because their funeral ceremony involved contact with the corpse by as many family members as possible. The entire village would be dead within a month. We do not need this here.
Quote: Apparently this virus used to wipe out entire African villages because their funeral ceremony involved contact with the corpse by as many family members as possible. The entire village would be dead within a month. We do not need this here.
Or we could send them to DC....just saying. Village full of idiots
Quote: Or we could send them to DC....just saying. Village full of idiots
Wonderful idea!
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 22
Go to