Cathay SO paperwork

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Quote: They're only hiring SOs right now, and 5000 hours is probably overqualified for that position.
I agree with that, seems to be the typical is 1500-3000 hours for an SO, anything more is overqualified. Yes im sure theyd take you but I am not sure that you would be happy.
Quote: I agree with that, seems to be the typical is 1500-3000 hours for an SO, anything more is overqualified. Yes im sure theyd take you but I am not sure that you would be happy.
He won't be happy at all. HK is a lousy place to live in. Toxic air.
Hearing from CX can take anywhere from 1 month to two years.
Quote: He won't be happy at all. HK is a lousy place to live in. Toxic air.

Not all of it. You can spend your days off on the outlying islands or in the far NT, pretty nice up there. Also HK is in a great location to visit the rest of Asia, it is 1-4 hours to anywhere.
Quote: Not all of it. You can spend your days off on the outlying islands or in the far NT, pretty nice up there. Also HK is in a great location to visit the rest of Asia, it is 1-4 hours to anywhere.
I was there a while back and I experienced the air first hand. It was Lantau.
There are some pretty nice places in the outlying territories but that pilot allowance...housing.... isn't enough to pay the rent.

Caution with that foregivable as well. Easy to see how people will get into debt and be forced to stay.

Those pilot posting on PPRUNE may be exaggerating a bit, but their point has been made. Not such a good idea to go there.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to