Atlanta living?

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 16 of 22
Go to
I have lived in Georgia my whole life..Northside of Atlanta means traffic but more places to shop, eat, and things to do. Southside means much less traffic, and still plenty of places to eat. PTC has the best schools. Newnan is great and only 30 minutes to the airport. I would avoid Fayetteville.
Quote: Which neighborhoods would be the best for kids? Thanks in advance!
SummerGrove in Newnan
Quote: Looking at south side. Any feedback on Tyrone? Comparable to PTC? We don't own a golf cart.
You can buy a golf cart. But you dont 'need' one, even in PTC.

I didnt get as warm a fuzzy about the schools as I did further South. Not saying they are bad, its still Fayette County.

Truthfully, best advice I can give is drive around and see what vibe you like. Did a lot of research and thought I knew where we would live. Once we actually drove around we completely changed our minds.

On avoiding Fayetteville keep in mind all houses in unincorporated Fayette County (ie not in city limits) have a Fayetteville address. So its a large geographic area. Many of the communities along Redwine road have Fayetteville addresses. As does Stars Mills HS for that matter.
Quote: You can buy a golf cart. But you dont 'need' one, even in PTC.

I didnt get as warm a fuzzy about the schools as I did further South. Not saying they are bad, its still Fayette County.

Truthfully, best advice I can give is drive around and see what vibe you like. Did a lot of research and thought I knew where we would live. Once we actually drove around we completely changed our minds.

On avoiding Fayetteville keep in mind all houses in unincorporated Fayette County (ie not in city limits) have a Fayetteville address. So its a large geographic area. Many of the communities along Redwine road have Fayetteville addresses. As does Stars Mills HS for that matter.
Look at the zip code. 30215 Fayetteville addresses is a good area. 30214 not so much
Anyone have experience in Roswell? Looking at Northview HS and CrabApple MS for the kiddos.
I visited friends in Roswell and fell in love. Then I drove to the airport, which changed my opinion.
Quote: I visited friends in Roswell and fell in love. Then I drove to the airport, which changed my opinion.
You are thirty years too late, it used to take 35 minutes to the lot. (Before 400).
As a new hire (hopefully) Atlanta based and once cleared to the line, how often will I be driving to the airport on average per week? Wife likes Northside but I'm leaning towards PTC.
Quote: As a new hire (hopefully) Atlanta based and once cleared to the line, how often will I be driving to the airport on average per week? Wife likes Northside but I'm leaning towards PTC.
Depends what you are on and how you manipulate your schedule. It would be fairly easy to bid 1 trip (3 or 4 days) per week as soon as you can hold a line on the 88 and I suspect most new hire fleets.

Wife is the one holding the fort. I gave mine the controlling vote.

I like ptc living, but it aint for everyone. North side seems more expensive. But a lot cheaper than divorce.
Quote: Looking at south side. Any feedback on Tyrone? Comparable to PTC? We don't own a golf cart.
With kids in high school we limited our potential homes to areas that would feed Northgate, Stars Mill, and McIntosh high schools. If I were to move here again, I'd use the exact same criteria.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Page 16 of 22
Go to