Brush your teeth!

Subscribe
"Brushing your teeth could reduce the risk of having a stroke or heart attack, a study has suggested."

I read this in a magazine yesterday and I thought I'd look it up on the net. Here's the BBC report I ran into first. There's a lot more on it if you look it up on Google - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4243893.stm
This is actually not the first time i've heard of this link between brushing and cardiovascular health. It could be because of the bacteria removed by brushing or it could also be that you are statistically less likely to be unhealthy if you brush your teeth because you generally care for yourself better and therefor keep yourself in a healthier condition overall.
floss
And flossing too
Quote: This is actually not the first time i've heard of this link between brushing and cardiovascular health. It could be because of the bacteria removed by brushing or it could also be that you are statistically less likely to be unhealthy if you brush your teeth because you generally care for yourself better and therefor keep yourself in a healthier condition overall.
In that case, don't forget to wash behind your ear either!!!

BTW, is your name in reference to the Kawi bikes???? I'm a biker myself
Quote: In that case, don't forget to wash behind your ear either!!!

BTW, is your name in reference to the Kawi bikes???? I'm a biker myself
Ah yes, but of course it is
Quote: This is actually not the first time i've heard of this link between brushing and cardiovascular health. It could be because of the bacteria removed by brushing or it could also be that you are statistically less likely to be unhealthy if you brush your teeth because you generally care for yourself better and therefor keep yourself in a healthier condition overall.
Actually it is pretty well accepted that the immune system plays a major role in clogged artery problems. The immune system attacks cholesteral sites on the artery walls and creates additional accumulations of crap that can later break off, float away, and block a critical blood flow path.

Anything that triggers the immune system to a higher level of alert over a long period of time can make this affect more pronounced. Long term chronic infections or inflamations can do this, such as sore gums or ingrown toenails.

Dental hygiene prevents chronic inflammation of the gums.