UPS resumes hiring in 2015

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 27
Go to
Quote: While I appreciate all answers (no bitterness please), what would be the junior base for the next round of hiring?
Heard a lot rumors about a China base. I hope you like dumplings.
Quote: Heard a lot rumors about a China base. I hope you like dumplings.
You, my friend, are an idiot.
Quote: Heard a lot rumors about a China base. I hope you like dumplings.
That rumor is about, ohhhh ten years old!
I once flew with an ex Pan Am pilot who'd been a junior flight engineer for 14 years. a lot of the guys at Delta were engineers for 7 years, imagine the stagnation! Yet they weren't 1/16 as bitter as the guys on here..weird.
Quote: I once flew with an ex Pan Am pilot who'd been a junior flight engineer for 14 years. a lot of the guys at Delta were engineers for 7 years, imagine the stagnation! Yet they weren't 1/16 as bitter as the guys on here..weird.
Apples to oranges dude...industry wide stagnation is different to one we're in as there are growth all around and our employer decided to take the opposite route.....outsourcing..hiring direct entry captains..shrinking the union force...etc etc.
Quote: Apples to oranges dude...industry wide stagnation is different to one we're in as there are growth all around and our employer decided to take the opposite route.....outsourcing..hiring direct entry captains..shrinking the union force...etc etc.
Much of the hiring that is going on now really is not covering for any growth at any of the airlines. Pilot attrition is what is driving this new wave of hiring. Most, if not all of the airlines with a/c on order are not in any type of growth mode. The new a/c airlines are receiving now, are mostly a 1 for 1 swap. New a/c shows up.....replaces old a/c shipped of to boneyard.
Quote: Much of the hiring that is going on now really is not covering for any growth at any of the airlines. Pilot attrition is what is driving this new wave of hiring. Most, if not all of the airlines with a/c on order are not in any type of growth mode. The new a/c airlines are receiving now, are mostly a 1 for 1 swap. New a/c shows up.....replaces old a/c shipped of to boneyard.
I think you are out of touch with reality. Why did Delta hire over 960 last year, and why do they have plans to hire 1200+ this year? Delta's 2014 and 2015 retirement numbers total up to only 290 pilots. No there's no growth going on there. None at all.
Next new hire class is rumored to be 2/4.
Quote: Rumor is it will contain 4 scabs
Now, now...

Four scabs in-training.
So you figure about 5000+ applications for 25 jobs. 4 scabs and 6 mangers leaves 15 jobs... Now that's good odds.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 27
Go to