Class Dates for SkyWest

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to
Does anyone know when the next class dates for the Bro will be? Also how big is the hiring pool? I was hired in December and am still waiting on a class date for the T-Prop. Thanks for any help!
They are not hiring into the bro very much right now; small classes on March 5 and April 2, and a larger one on May 7.
No febuary class? I read once on here that they where trying to do a class every month but I was unable to get anything out of the girls in the HR dept. Does anyone know the size of the pool? I was under the impression that a class of 12 just finished IOE.
Look for one next month. They keep taking EMB FO's at a larger rate than excepted.
Thanks otter, could you tell me as to how soon before a class should i expect notice that i have been placed into a class? When I was hired they told us that there was 20 people in the pool and since then I have only been told of one class going through. So would reason expect that i would be able to go to the next class or is there a non-standard pecking order to this pool?
A couple questions for recent SkyWest interviewees and people already there...

How long from online app to an interview call? Anyone get the call without going to the group interview?

Is the 120 upgrade still staying low? If so is it going to continue to be short?

Thanks!
Quote: A couple questions for recent SkyWest interviewees and people already there...

How long from online app to an interview call? Anyone get the call without going to the group interview?

Is the 120 upgrade still staying low? If so is it going to continue to be short?

Thanks!
App to call can vary from hours to weeks. If you are 121, you might get called same day without going to the open house, likewise if someone walks your resume in.

If you don't have 121 time or extensive turbine time, go to a group interview.

The EMB upgrade will probably stay low as long as there is all this jet growth. A lot of jet and bro FO's decide just to wait a few more months for the jet upgrade rather than do the bro upgrade and get seat-locked. If you want, it's yours (if you have the time).
They said the Brasilia pool is all but empty, with the majority of poolees headed to the January EMB class, with the remaining 8 going to the March 5 class. For the record, next available CRJ class Feb 12th.
Quote: Thanks otter, could you tell me as to how soon before a class should i expect notice that i have been placed into a class? When I was hired they told us that there was 20 people in the pool and since then I have only been told of one class going through. So would reason expect that i would be able to go to the next class or is there a non-standard pecking order to this pool?
Not 100% sure on how long they'll give you. I'm sure it would be at least two weeks notice. As for a pecking order, no idea. Since the EBM is the junior aircraft, they typically put CFI type pilots on to it. Not to be rude but, if your a CFI your basicly equal to all other CFI's. So I'm not sure if there needs to be a pecking order. Skywest is a great place, it's worth the wait. The EBM is a fun plane to fly. Welcome!!!!
Otter,
No offense taken, just wated to know what to expect. Sorry to sound like an newbie, but this is my first 121 job and I am trying to learn as much of the ropes as i can so as to stay a head of the game so to speak. And yes i am a CFI or rather was. Thanks for your encouragement any words of wisdom for the EMB?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 8
Go to