Ameriflight for Denver UPS?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
So how many times does Key Slime have to screw up for Ameriflight to take away Denver? It's got to be frustrating for UPS to arrange GPS coordinates to pick up their packages!
Ameriflight for Denver UPS?
When I was there they were always quick to tell us that the UPS contracts were up for bid every 30 days so we better not be late, etc, etc.
The right people keeping the right wheels greased? They were always quick to say a lot of things...
Great question, but UPS feeder safety is not a direct concern of UPS. It is more about lowest bid on contracted flying and after that it's on-time performance. The whole idea of subbing out feeder flying is to wash your hands of it and to cut costs. Suburban Air already picks up some Denver UPS flying, and while AMF is free to underbid Key Lime, they will not because they do not have the local facilities to support it. The only way I see Key Lime losing that contract is if they undergo insoluble certificate problems or maybe if insurance gets too steep. They'll spiff up their safety program before doing anything else.
It would be nice if they spiffed up some safety...soon. Too bad their safety director died in a crash last month.
Oh yeah, a lot of spiffing will be going on there soon. They lost their Argus Platinum according to the Denver Post also. That's what buys you a lot of charter work.
Key Lime was Argus Platinum? *** for!?
Quote: Key Lime was Argus Platinum? *** for!?
They have a passenger operation, in addition to the UPS feed flying.
Quote: They have a passenger operation, in addition to the UPS feed flying.
Had no idea. That is the scariest thing I have read on the internet all day...
Quote: Key Lime was Argus Platinum? *** for!?
It's called Denver Air Connection; Key Lime is just the freight side, DAC is the passenger side.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to