Airbus A321LR to Replace Boeing 757

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
I wonder why they did not want to put the 321 in Group III, that didn't take long.

Airbus A321LR to Replace Boeing 757 in Delta?s Fleet | The Avion Newspaper | Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Is delta A321 pay the same as 757 pay?
Glad they are getting them first, we'll see how high they can get crossing the pond.
Quote: Glad they are getting them first, we'll see how high they can get crossing the pond.
Hahaha halfway across at FL320
I blame Boeing, they were too busy counting beans to update/replace the 757, and now we will all be subjected to this garbage.

You know it will under perform, even in the article they mention how they will put a fuel tank where paying cargo or bags used to go.

Bumping pax and or cargo so we can cross the Atlantic at 280. With the way the 321 climbs, it will be lucky to make 20 by the entry point West bound out of Ireland. What will they do, enter a holding pattern to climb short of the tracks?
Quote: I blame Boeing, they were too busy counting beans to update/replace the 757, and now we will all be subjected to this garbage.

You know it will under perform, even in the article they mention how they will put a fuel tank where paying cargo or bags used to go.

Bumping pax and or cargo so we can cross the Atlantic at 280. With the way the 321 climbs, it will be lucky to make 20 by the entry point West bound out of Ireland. What will they do, enter a holding pattern to climb short of the tracks?
Who care's now? We have a JCBA, because of the MOU. The pilots got it, the pilots have to fly it. Enjoy the money.
Quote: ...With the way the 321 climbs, it will be lucky to make 20 by the entry point West bound out of Ireland...
I swear I was just about to type the exact same thing.

We'll see how good French engineers are. Can they tweak an engine for more thrust and better fuel efficiency???????

Let's not even start talking about stopping distance, and yes I know the 757 has extra set of mains, but just using reverse thrust, the difference in deceleration mind boggling.

I think substitution would be a better term than replacement.
Quote: I wonder why they did not want to put the 321 in Group III, that didn't take long.

Airbus A321LR to Replace Boeing 757 in Delta?s Fleet | The Avion Newspaper | Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Quote:
206 seats
Is this thing going to be bigger? Right now 187 is that max on a 321. How the hell are they going to have 206 with J class?
I am the *very* last person to criticize another's use of the English language...but the text of that student newspaper article (opinion piece) gives no actual sources and contains no actual citations to support the headline's assertion that the 321LR will replace the 757 in Delta's fleet.

While I think it is easy to draw that conclusion to any semi-interested observer...the content/headline disconnect makes it seem like intended clickbait.

But the author tells us the 321LR has an "extra fuel take" going for it, which is nice.
Quote: Is this thing going to be bigger? Right now 187 is that max on a 321. How the hell are they going to have 206 with J class?
Spirit sports 218 seats.

SeatGuru Seat Map Spirit Airbus A321 (321)
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to