Degree required?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
What the title says..is a college degree needed to be hired with a major this day and time? Looking at jumping over to the regionals and it may be several years before I'm eligible for the majors. Just wondering if it was common to get on with no degree. Thanks.
Pretty much been required since I started looking in 1969, Won't be changing anytime soon.

GF
Quote:
So young, so angry....darn that rap music!
Quote: What the title says..is a college degree needed to be hired with a major this day and time? Looking at jumping over to the regionals and it may be several years before I'm eligible for the majors. Just wondering if it was common to get on with no degree. Thanks.
A degree is absoultly required.
It depends. If you're a low timer, yes, it definitely helps. If you're a higher time guy, not so much. A few airlines do want that box checked regardless, but most do not.
Having it gives you the most options, so why not have it. Granted it has nothing to do with flying an airplane. But if you couldn't fly, you would wish you had it.
If you want to get on with a top tier of the majors carrier (the legacies+fedex and ups), 99.9%++ will have a degree that get hired.
Stop. Just stop! For the love of God, we've already lost one message board due to this topic... Isn't that enough???

Mods, please please please move this thread to the following link:

Flightinfo.com Hangar

And do it quick before Yip catches wind; we're flirting with disaster here people code red CODE RED!

the horror...

the horror...
Quote: What the title says..is a college degree needed to be hired with a major this day and time? Looking at jumping over to the regionals and it may be several years before I'm eligible for the majors. Just wondering if it was common to get on with no degree. Thanks.
Suck it up and fly for Piedmont so you can flow to american in 5 years who is going to have delta rates plus 3 percent and up 336 an hour 330k a year by 2019 without a degree.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to