Commuting to Work?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Small detail but is a big help in commuter QOL.... Leave your roll aboard in base and just commute with a small duffel with laundry and iPad. It is a lot less stressful to not drag your whole life with you.

I also carry a small inflatable pillow and assorted comfort stuff like gum, phone charger, ear plugs, wipes, keys, etc. in a small bag that I can put in the seat pocket: that way if I get a middle seat I have everything I want.
Quote: Small detail but is a big help in commuter QOL.... Leave your roll aboard in base and just commute with a small duffel with laundry and iPad. It is a lot less stressful to not drag your whole life with you.

I also carry a small inflatable pillow and assorted comfort stuff like gum, phone charger, ear plugs, wipes, keys, etc. in a small bag that I can put in the seat pocket: that way if I get a middle seat I have everything I want.
This might be a dumb question, but where do you leave your roll aboard in base?
Quote: This might be a dumb question, but where do you leave your roll aboard in base?
We have a gigantic bag room.
Quote: He said he is commuting to reserve. Not a line, let alone a commutable one.
What type of reserve? What's your callout period? If you have a 12 hour call out, sure I can see how you would stay in PHX. But a 2 hour? Not a chance.
Need more info.

As far as tips, understand your company's commuter clause (if there is one) and use it to your advantage.
Six from the bottom on the 747. Solid Reserve. Get about 4 short-calls a month and spend more time in landing class than the cockpit. I do make an effort to pick up trips but only able to pick something up 1% of the time.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to