Southwest Takes 128 Jets Out of Service

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Gonna make arguing that $12m fine they got last year a lot harder.
Quote:
Brian Williams is reporting that the inspections were done.

And he inspected all 128 jets by himself!
Quote:

And then I got a package in the mail from an investigator, unsigned. It was a piece of rudder from the United flight 585 that went down near Colorado Springs.
And Billo the clown is reporting that he did the inspections himself.
Quote:

Ha! That's funny right there!
Quote: And he inspected all 128 jets by himself!
I gotta call BS on that one, he got help.

Holy crap that's funny. Forgot about ole' Tim Martins.
Quote: Curious about the missed rudder inspection. It's not related to the design flaw that brought down the US and UA 737s back in the 90s, is it?
As I recall according to the powers that be there was NEVER anything wrong with the rudder actuators (the pilots screwed up with incorrect rudder or a windshear "rotor" spun a couple of jets out of control.) But just in case we will inspect the actuators.... and have interim fixes... and fly faster than crossover speed until fully configured... and replace all the actuators... But there was never anything wrong with the rudder actuators in the first place...really??! They just went thru these steps to fix a problem that never existed? Hmm. OFG
Southwest really has had "issues" with maintenance compliance over the last 7-8 years...
Quote: Southwest really has had "issues" with maintenance compliance over the last 7-8 years...
No. Windshear rotors. Planes were in compliance. SWA was ahead of the NTSB/FAA on this one. And Boeing. They're always way ahead of Boeing when it comes to the 737.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to