New Gama/WHEELS UP King Air Bases

Subscribe
24  64  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  84 
Page 74 of 87
Go to
Quote: Would they do Street Captain with these hours?

6000 tt, 5200 pic, 1000 turbine pic, 2800 multi, 1500 turbo prop.
ATP with ATR 42/72 and SA227 both PIC type ratings.
There's a chance. They really like you to already have the 350 Type rating already in hand. That being said - If you go in at an FO with those numbers and stay off the negative radar - you would probably upgrade quickly.
What is the proposed roll-out of ProLine Fusion in the King Airs? I presume the newer birds will have Fusion as they are delivered. What about all of the other PL21 equipped KA350s? Will they convert over to Fusion or will they remain PL21 with dual training?
Quote: What is the proposed roll-out of ProLine Fusion in the King Airs? I presume the newer birds will have Fusion as they are delivered. What about all of the other PL21 equipped KA350s? Will they convert over to Fusion or will they remain PL21 with dual training?
Remain the same
Quote: Remain the same
Meaning dual trained on both?
Quote: Meaning dual trained on both?
Eventually. Initials right now are on the conventional PL21. Crosstrained on the Fusion at 6 month check or recurrent.
In terms of applicants who are willing to relocate, does anyone know if certain bases are hurting more for pilots at this point?
I met a couple of theses pilots in Winston Salem this past Tuesday ........ Had lunch together and they were great guys to talk about flying and their company ....... It's a great concept .......... 8 days on , 6 days off .........
Quote: 8 days on , 6 days off .........

That's more or less the industry standard for this segment; used to be 6 on / 3 off. I'm sure it has helped with attrition.
I've not heard anything from them either I've applied for the CLT base several times over the past 4 months and here are my times
7262 TT
5822 PIC
6838 Multi
1158 Jet
3307 (King Air time)
Typed in 350 (in 2002) as well CE650 and DC3
Quote: Eventually. Initials right now are on the conventional PL21. Crosstrained on the Fusion at 6 month check or recurrent.
Latest 'RUMINT'........
Fusion is going to be pretty much an east coast 'thing' for the shuttle service that is starting up there. West Coast folk won't see Fusion anytime soon until a shuttle service starts up out west.

No Citation X's on the horizon.
24  64  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  84 
Page 74 of 87
Go to