FedEx-Training letter

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Probably depends on the seat you are leaving, but I would imagine the captain upgrade would be quicker. Assuming we are Hiring a lot of FOs, they will have to paired with someone.
There really is no telling.

When an airline runs bids in a regular fashion, training occurs in 1-3 months. Then you hold another bid.

With this 2 yr monstrosity you will never know management plans have changed until your date for training changes by 1-6 months. Then it can quickly change again. So you can be extended, pushed up then extended again in the time it takes from bid close to your start.

I agree with the CA upgrade being quicker. The company can't stop people from retiring.
No arguments on logic and the training letter, when asked for free advice one can only answer as if you were an accountant telling a manager how to run the training department. But giving the presumption that FDX is trying to hire as many people off the street as possible I logically assume that FO training of line FOs has a lower priority than training of new hires. One must also assume the majority of retirements are Captains that need to be replaced.

But even though my free advice is worth twice the other guys free advice, 0 times 2 is still zero.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to